What's your internet connection like?

jcarle

jcarle: videotron extreme? That's pretty much what I get with them too. Just discovered they've got an ever faster service (extreme plus - up to 20mbit), but either ways the extreme is fast enough, except for the upload, but then again the upload is hardly faster with the extreme plus (1mbit vs 900kbit) - and 80$/month is a little too much (I thought 65+tax was bad enough already).

Wow! What kind of connection are you on?

My connection is a shared type over lan by my ISP. And my ISP has a total bandwidth of measely 4mbps. Consider this to be shared among more than a thousand users.

I tell you, I am a previliged customer so I get this much bandwidth others get only 64kbps.

Back here in India we are still in paleolithic age of internet speed.

Though I pay around 15USD a month for this but you don't have a choice.

@IcemanND, teamed up dialups are equally bad, one connection providing only 56kbps.

Catch you all guys up a few years later. :yes:

jcarle: videotron extreme? That's pretty much what I get with them too. Just discovered they've got an ever faster service (extreme plus - up to 20mbit), but either ways the extreme is fast enough, except for the upload, but then again the upload is hardly faster with the extreme plus (1mbit vs 900kbit) - and 80$/month is a little too much (I thought 65+tax was bad enough already).

Yea, 20Mbit is indeed the fastest Videotron offers BUT beware, 20Mbit does not offer unlimited bandwidth, there is a bandwidth cap and NO limit as to how much they can charge per extra GB. That's why I'm staying with Extreme 10Mbit, unlimited bandwidth.

Clavicle - ouch! a couple of teamed dial up connections might be better.

work:

65649733.png

Wow. OC3?

Edited by jcarle