Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

vLite 0.7 beta - The Void

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,390 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Be careful, this one works great :D

However every connection with real life is totally by accident and mistakes may happen, thank you.

Download at vLite.net.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,124 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

great. Now I have somrthing to do this night :)

THX nuhi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
  • Joined 08-August 04
Yahoooooooooo I'm into the void :thumbup

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
Nice! :w00t:

I don't really like Vista but the changelog is really appealing. :P
I hope I'll have some time to try soon. ^_^

DigeratiPrime

DigeratiPrime

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,550 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04
The Void is missing? :P
Recommended Software: KeePass | Microsoft ICE | VisualWget | Vitamin D Video |

KenanBalamir

KenanBalamir

Junior

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
Thanks for update nuhi..
Türkçe Yazılım - http://www.turkceyazilim.net | Günün İpucu - http://www.gununipucu.net

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
I asume that this is not that different from the 0.7a10 that I tested., which works nice, no issues during installation and Help works like a charm. I asume it is correct that Help is removed from the Start Menu even though Online Help is kept.

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,390 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
:)

Jeronimo, yeah, I figured since one removes Help he doesn't want the button on the start menu, if you want help just press F1, generally speaking.

If some of you have a problem with this and want help on start menu tweak separated then freely spit it out.

anonymous_user

anonymous_user

͏͏͏

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
thanks for the new beta nuhi :yes: i will test later this week or on the weekend

zeus_hunt

zeus_hunt
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 13-January 05
Thanks... nuhi ;)
Gonna start off liting Vista today with this update :)

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
i just test beta 07 and it give me error

i went back to beta 06 and it work

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,390 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Mcfly000, that's so informative, if you want it fixed you'll have to do little better.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,845 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03

i just test beta 07 and it give me error

i went back to beta 06 and it work

:lol: "It broke fix now" :lol:

Jeremy

Jeremy

Casual Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • Joined 24-June 04
Me get unhandled exception error near end of creating ISO.
Me wait till next release. :P

Ghostie

Ghostie

• 41 posts
  • Joined 29-January 04

Mcfly000, that's so informative, if you want it fixed you'll have to do little better.

When you think of the movie McFly came from and how it was used by Biff somehow your response seemed fitting. Thanks for making me laugh Nuhi

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06

ok , it was just before 23:00 when i started to make a longhorn 5757 vlite compilation
i take out almos everything less the sound drivers , the modem drivers and the graphic display drivers
and pressed apply and choosed --> reconvert every thing , and i get the tipical mesaage registry error report , and then it start , and 5 minutes after i get the same error registry error please report , and i pushed ok , and then windows open a tipical windows error window that say THIS APLICATION HAVE MADE ERROR AND WINDOWS MUST CLOSE THE APLICATION , ,, thats my error .. so i go back to beta 06 and did the same thing and it don't give me any error ,,,

and i forgett to tell , i made a compilation with beta 06 and a spanish ISO of RC1 amd it work perfect , it did'nt make it bootable but i fixit with oscdimg.exe

and use this commands

CLS
@echo off
TITLE Creating ISO Image of Miscrosoft Windows Vista
ECHO.
ECHO You image is now being created. Make sure oscdimg.exe is present.
ECHO.
ECHO Creating your ISO...
oscdimg -bd:\long\boot\etfsboot.com -h -j1 -j2 -m -o -x-lVISTA_ES_DVD D:\long\ C:\VISTA_ES_DVD.iso
ECHO.
PAUSE
EXIT

arvind

arvind

• 46 posts
  • Joined 24-September 04
dude with all due respect, i have no idea what you're trying to say.. :D

Edited by arvind, 14 December 2006 - 02:54 AM.

"You poor guys. Always confusing your pistols with your privates"

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
@Mcfly000
Without knowing the exact error, there is no link to start and help you. If you do not know how to create and post a screenshort, tehn with all due respect I do not know what you are doing here in this beta-section (some computer skills can be expected). Only Idea I have is that you might overclocked your pc and that 0.6 worked by coïncidence or it was less stressful on hadware and performance of the whole operation has been improved. Then you can get strange errors, but without the exact error, there is really nothing to say about it.

Fridge-RaideR

Fridge-RaideR

Jägermeister ftw

• Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 11-June 04
Hmm suddenly vista is gettin intersting ^^ keep on scripting!

3aces

3aces

Bass Lover!!! :D

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
Evening people :D

now as per usual i vlited Vista RTM, and im still having the same problems as with all the other versions, i removed everyting except VGA Drivers & Windows Mail, and i normally use Office 2003 being a student and everything i always install that these are the errors im present with, and after i install WLM 8 and everytime i change the status on it office installer kicks in complaing about everything which means i cant use WLM :blink:

[attachment=15769:attachment]
[attachment=15770:attachment]

Posted Image

bledd

bledd

msfn is a friend of mine!

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,733 posts
  • Joined 24-March 04
mcfly

Supported Vista version is minimum Build 5744 (RC2) and newer, RTM build 6000 recommended and it will be only one supported from the next version, you can run it on older on your own risk

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06
Supports Codename Longhorn Server 5600 too... I got Enterprise Core down to 409 Mb, practically equivalent to having Windows PE 2.0 installed.

I really like the way user accounts are handled in it, I always go for Administrator.

nuhi, what program are you using to diff between registry data? I really could use a good one. I think the "Core" builds are the solution to my Vista problems. I have a lot of C# code tryouts to handle the builds, I'll see if I can get them altogether into a working application.

Up to this point, I think I got the general idea how Microsoft originally has put together all that stuff that makes Vista what it is... I was thinking to develop something that can complement the functionality of vLite, like auto comparison between different builds and add/remove/migrate stuff. Maybe the equivalent of BartPE for the stuff in boot.wim, who knows what might come up of this?

Quick hint: look at the bitmap resources in msgina.dll, they are quite intriguing...

Edited by dexter.inside, 14 December 2006 - 05:48 AM.

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
ok so if the people are going to laugh every time i make a post becuse i speak bad english and its really hard to me write in english when im ASKING FOR HELP , i do better dont post any more , and i dont have anoy photo of the error , becuse it took me by SUPRISE and IM NOT A REVEERSE INGENEER COMPUTER EXPERT THAT KNOW ALL THE ERRORS A PROGRAM CAN DO and im not going to MAKE IT AGAIN TO GET THE SAME ERROR to make a photo BECUSE IT TAKE ABOUT 1 HOUR TO REBULD the iso

.... thanks and good bye

3aces

3aces

Bass Lover!!! :D

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05

ok so if the people are going to laugh every time i make a post becuse i speak bad english and its really hard to me write in english when im ASKING FOR HELP , i do better dont post any more , and i dont have anoy photo of the error , becuse it took me by SUPRISE and IM NOT A REVEERSE INGENEER COMPUTER EXPERT THAT KNOW ALL THE ERRORS A PROGRAM CAN DO and im not going to MAKE IT AGAIN TO GET THE SAME ERROR to make a photo BECUSE IT TAKE ABOUT 1 HOUR TO REBULD the iso

.... thanks and good bye

relax mate....we are all tryin to help.......

Posted Image

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,390 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Jeremy, are you serious?

Mcfly000, thx for trying better but that "tipical mesaage registry error report" is the thing which is like solution to me. What is it the exact error message? Maybe you could try apply method 1, it could work, only thing different is larger ISO.

3aces, again you with WLM ;) Ok I'll try it...I would do it sooner if anyone else confirmed it. Thx

dexter.inside, I have no intentions of making tutorial how to mimic vLite. Worked on it for months until I got it. Call me selfish but that's how it is.
Way as the vLite develops seems perfect to me, I don't see the point in removing all at once, that would have so much bugs that no one would be able to keep track of.
Gonna check that dll but I'm not that keen on changing pics to prove control.
And sorry for my tone in case you don't like this direct approach.

edit: oh I see you p***ed the Mcfly000...note to self: less jokes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users