vLite 0.7 beta - The Void

nuhi

Mcfly000, that's so informative, if you want it fixed you'll have to do little better.

ok , it was just before 23:00 when i started to make a longhorn 5757 vlite compilation

i take out almos everything less the sound drivers , the modem drivers and the graphic display drivers

and pressed apply and choosed --> reconvert every thing , and i get the tipical mesaage registry error report , and then it start , and 5 minutes after i get the same error registry error please report , and i pushed ok , and then windows open a tipical windows error window that say THIS APLICATION HAVE MADE ERROR AND WINDOWS MUST CLOSE THE APLICATION , ,, thats my error .. so i go back to beta 06 and did the same thing and it don't give me any error ,,,

and i forgett to tell , i made a compilation with beta 06 and a spanish ISO of RC1 amd it work perfect , it did'nt make it bootable but i fixit with oscdimg.exe

and use this commands

CLS

@echo off

TITLE Creating ISO Image of Miscrosoft Windows Vista

ECHO.

ECHO You image is now being created. Make sure oscdimg.exe is present.

ECHO.

ECHO Creating your ISO...

oscdimg -bd:\long\boot\etfsboot.com -h -j1 -j2 -m -o -x-lVISTA_ES_DVD D:\long\ C:\VISTA_ES_DVD.iso

ECHO.

PAUSE

EXIT

@Mcfly000

Without knowing the exact error, there is no link to start and help you. If you do not know how to create and post a screenshort, tehn with all due respect I do not know what you are doing here in this beta-section (some computer skills can be expected). Only Idea I have is that you might overclocked your pc and that 0.6 worked by coïncidence or it was less stressful on hadware and performance of the whole operation has been improved. Then you can get strange errors, but without the exact error, there is really nothing to say about it.

Evening people :D

now as per usual i vlited Vista RTM, and im still having the same problems as with all the other versions, i removed everyting except VGA Drivers & Windows Mail, and i normally use Office 2003 being a student and everything i always install that these are the errors im present with, and after i install WLM 8 and everytime i change the status on it office installer kicks in complaing about everything which means i cant use WLM :blink:

64bit.zip

mcfly

Supported Vista version is minimum Build 5744 (RC2) and newer, RTM build 6000 recommended and it will be only one supported from the next version, you can run it on older on your own risk

Supports Codename Longhorn Server 5600 too... I got Enterprise Core down to 409 Mb, practically equivalent to having Windows PE 2.0 installed.

I really like the way user accounts are handled in it, I always go for Administrator.

nuhi, what program are you using to diff between registry data? I really could use a good one. I think the "Core" builds are the solution to my Vista problems. I have a lot of C# code tryouts to handle the builds, I'll see if I can get them altogether into a working application.

Up to this point, I think I got the general idea how Microsoft originally has put together all that stuff that makes Vista what it is... I was thinking to develop something that can complement the functionality of vLite, like auto comparison between different builds and add/remove/migrate stuff. Maybe the equivalent of BartPE for the stuff in boot.wim, who knows what might come up of this?

Quick hint: look at the bitmap resources in msgina.dll, they are quite intriguing...

Edited by dexter.inside

ok so if the people are going to laugh every time i make a post becuse i speak bad english and its really hard to me write in english when im ASKING FOR HELP , i do better dont post any more , and i dont have anoy photo of the error , becuse it took me by SUPRISE and IM NOT A REVEERSE INGENEER COMPUTER EXPERT THAT KNOW ALL THE ERRORS A PROGRAM CAN DO and im not going to MAKE IT AGAIN TO GET THE SAME ERROR to make a photo BECUSE IT TAKE ABOUT 1 HOUR TO REBULD the iso

.... thanks and good bye

ok so if the people are going to laugh every time i make a post becuse i speak bad english and its really hard to me write in english when im ASKING FOR HELP , i do better dont post any more , and i dont have anoy photo of the error , becuse it took me by SUPRISE and IM NOT A REVEERSE INGENEER COMPUTER EXPERT THAT KNOW ALL THE ERRORS A PROGRAM CAN DO and im not going to MAKE IT AGAIN TO GET THE SAME ERROR to make a photo BECUSE IT TAKE ABOUT 1 HOUR TO REBULD the iso

.... thanks and good bye

relax mate....we are all tryin to help.......

Jeremy, are you serious?

Mcfly000, thx for trying better but that "tipical mesaage registry error report" is the thing which is like solution to me. What is it the exact error message? Maybe you could try apply method 1, it could work, only thing different is larger ISO.

3aces, again you with WLM ;) Ok I'll try it...I would do it sooner if anyone else confirmed it. Thx

dexter.inside, I have no intentions of making tutorial how to mimic vLite. Worked on it for months until I got it. Call me selfish but that's how it is.

Way as the vLite develops seems perfect to me, I don't see the point in removing all at once, that would have so much bugs that no one would be able to keep track of.

Gonna check that dll but I'm not that keen on changing pics to prove control.

And sorry for my tone in case you don't like this direct approach.

edit: oh I see you p***ed the Mcfly000...note to self: less jokes.

@Mcfly000

Without knowing the exact error, there is no link to start and help you. If you do not know how to create and post a screenshort, tehn with all due respect I do not know what you are doing here in this beta-section (some computer skills can be expected). Only Idea I have is that you might overclocked your pc and that 0.6 worked by coïncidence or it was less stressful on hadware and performance of the whole operation has been improved. Then you can get strange errors, but without the exact error, there is really nothing to say about it.

and what are you doing here ????

ok nuhi thank's for your help , i try to make a photo the next time and some more facts about the error

but seriosuly nuhi....i cannot be the only person having this error....i mean.....80% of people with windows use office and WLM, so unless my computer is at fault with i higly doubt most people should generate these errors....and this still happens with office 2007

ohh and i forgett To tell that i have a brand new P4 3.6 watercooled with 2.046 mb memory

and i think it get's f***ed up , becuse i install version b.07 over version b.06

becuse i have just make a compliation of Vista 6. final version SPANISH iso with b06 .. and it work good

( i do have the same problems as usual iT dont make it bootable but i fix that with oscdimg.exe and a Command script)

now im going to make a new complitation with b 07 and vista 6

( AND I HAVE DOC HERE BESIDE ME WITH A CAMERA IF I GOT ANY ERROR )

Edited by Mcfly000

mcfly

Supported Vista version is minimum Build 5744 (RC2) and newer, RTM build 6000 recommended and it will be only one supported from the next version, you can run it on older on your own risk

THATS NOT TRUE , BECUSE I DID A PERFECT ISO OF LONGHORN BETA 2 5472 AND VISTA RC1 5600.16384 spanish iso AND IT WORK GOOD NO PROBLEM TO COMPILATE IT

and i have betatested VISTA since version 4736 when it was almost the same as XP

( K I KNOW IT WAS NOT PERFECT AFTER INSTALL BUT IT NEVER GOING TO BE A PERFECT VISTA NEITHER WITH THIS PROGRAM OR WITHOUT THIS PROGRAM)

another thing i have just make an ISO of WINPE 2.0 that come with Windows Vista and its bootable WORKS PERFECT you can use all the commands to format and so but it's very poor ..but its better than WINPE 1.6 becuse it let you install vista from hardisk , and i think you should do a TOOL to make a good WINPE BOOT ISO so people can BOOT and install from hardisk

(i know that you can do that with vista install DVD , but there are people that dont have DVD-ROM and want to install vista from hardisk ) and with WINPE you only need a 200 mb / 700mb CD

thanks for all you do