Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

vLite 0.7 beta - The Void

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06

@Mcfly000
Without knowing the exact error, there is no link to start and help you. If you do not know how to create and post a screenshort, tehn with all due respect I do not know what you are doing here in this beta-section (some computer skills can be expected). Only Idea I have is that you might overclocked your pc and that 0.6 worked by coïncidence or it was less stressful on hadware and performance of the whole operation has been improved. Then you can get strange errors, but without the exact error, there is really nothing to say about it.

and what are you doing here ????

ok nuhi thank's for your help , i try to make a photo the next time and some more facts about the error

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

3aces

3aces

Bass Lover!!! :D

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
but seriosuly nuhi....i cannot be the only person having this error....i mean.....80% of people with windows use office and WLM, so unless my computer is at fault with i higly doubt most people should generate these errors....and this still happens with office 2007

Posted Image

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
ohh and i forgett To tell that i have a brand new P4 3.6 watercooled with 2.046 mb memory

and i think it get's f***ed up , becuse i install version b.07 over version b.06

becuse i have just make a compliation of Vista 6. final version SPANISH iso with b06 .. and it work good

( i do have the same problems as usual iT dont make it bootable but i fix that with oscdimg.exe and a Command script)

now im going to make a new complitation with b 07 and vista 6

( AND I HAVE DOC HERE BESIDE ME WITH A CAMERA IF I GOT ANY ERROR )

Edited by Mcfly000, 14 December 2006 - 07:17 AM.

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06

mcfly

Supported Vista version is minimum Build 5744 (RC2) and newer, RTM build 6000 recommended and it will be only one supported from the next version, you can run it on older on your own risk

THATS NOT TRUE , BECUSE I DID A PERFECT ISO OF LONGHORN BETA 2 5472 AND VISTA RC1 5600.16384 spanish iso AND IT WORK GOOD NO PROBLEM TO COMPILATE IT

and i have betatested VISTA since version 4736 when it was almost the same as XP

( K I KNOW IT WAS NOT PERFECT AFTER INSTALL BUT IT NEVER GOING TO BE A PERFECT VISTA NEITHER WITH THIS PROGRAM OR WITHOUT THIS PROGRAM)

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
another thing i have just make an ISO of WINPE 2.0 that come with Windows Vista and its bootable WORKS PERFECT you can use all the commands to format and so but it's very poor ..but its better than WINPE 1.6 becuse it let you install vista from hardisk , and i think you should do a TOOL to make a good WINPE BOOT ISO so people can BOOT and install from hardisk

(i know that you can do that with vista install DVD , but there are people that dont have DVD-ROM and want to install vista from hardisk ) and with WINPE you only need a 200 mb / 700mb CD

thanks for all you do

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,390 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
3aces, don't worry I'll check it, and if you haven't modified it with anything else, and it's RTM then I'll fix it.

Mcfly000, ok. Lets reset. Obviously you are not stupid, it's just you didn't know how to post a bug report. So, the point is to post what the error was, no need for anything else until asked for more details around it. Thanks.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

3aces

3aces

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
cheers nuhi your a legend, by the way i also use msn plus live, but i still get the same error when i dont use it

and also after i installed Vista this time, when you set up user name and stuff my computer crashed and rebooted its self after bout 3 or 4 minutes, im not sure....could be a vlite issue....thought i better let you know

Posted Image

idioteque

idioteque

Spank that winXP

• 13 posts
  • Joined 26-February 04
so whats the count on 0.7

install size and files with everything removed ?

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06

I have no intentions of making tutorial how to mimic vLite. Worked on it for months until I got it. Call me selfish but that's how it is.
Way as the vLite develops seems perfect to me, I don't see the point in removing all at once, that would have so much bugs that no one would be able to keep track of.
Gonna check that dll but I'm not that keen on changing pics to prove control.
And sorry for my tone in case you don't like this direct approach.

Hey, no problem... you have every right to be acid on your own application... I'd be the same over mine. I know the time required by something like this. I just wish I had more time for "hobby programming" :rolleyes:
The worst part is when you know exactly what you want to code and don't have time to do it, gets me very annoyed.

I do chemical engineering for a living and I am currently involved in 4 different projects, more or less related to programming. I've been following the NT 6.0 project since it was at build 4008, so quite naturally I have developed my own idea of doing things with it. Hopefully this winter holiday I will find a good excuse to get rid of my life and do some real coding.

You're lucky to have the time to spend with vLite, I wish I could say the same... :(

Mcfly000

Mcfly000

• 29 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06

3aces, don't worry I'll check it, and if you haven't modified it with anything else, and it's RTM then I'll fix it.

Mcfly000, ok. Lets reset. Obviously you are not stupid, it's just you didn't know how to post a bug report. So, the point is to post what the error was, no need for anything else until asked for more details around it. Thanks.

ok nuhi no need to bug report , i did de-install version b06 and i did a clean b07 and
i think that here was the problem I ALSO DE-INSTALL my SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS v10.xxx

and this time it didn't give me any error
i didn't use the makeboot part after it re-build , becuse you said that someDVD-ROM still have problems to burn
so i did made the iso with oscdimg.exe like always

this photo is TAKEN BY DOC HIMSELF :D

Posted Image

thanks nuhi you are the best , and i hope you made that TOOL for making WINPE 2.0 costumized just with a few program like a webbrowser becuse not everybody have a DVD-ROM , only CD-ROM, but they still want vista installed from hardisk

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06

becuse not everybody have a DVD-ROM , only CD-ROM, but they still want vista installed from hardisk

Regarding that, how about the "Create Spanned Shares" method, nuhi ?
I've tried it once, exported the WIM to 2 SWM pieces and replaced them in a spanned share set from Microsoft. The setup routine reconstructs the original WIM locally on the target machine

3aces

3aces

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05

becuse not everybody have a DVD-ROM , only CD-ROM, but they still want vista installed from hardisk

Regarding that, how about the "Create Spanned Shares" method, nuhi ?
I've tried it once, exported the WIM to 2 SWM pieces and replaced them in a spanned share set from Microsoft. The setup routine reconstructs the original WIM locally on the target machine

to be fair isint this a little bit pointless....becuase vlite will remove so many componants that it will be able to fit on a CD, and also im only 92 mb away from a 700MB installation source, but maybe it will come in handy for when the time comes to intergrate addons and drivers and things

Posted Image

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06

but maybe it will come in handy for when the time comes to intergrate addons and drivers and things

For me it certainly will... let's say for example that I were to install Visual Studio 2005, Sysprep /generalize the machine, capture the WIM and pack it back in the setup. I could use a newer vLite onto it that way without having to reconstruct the image. And if the WIM gets bigger than 1 DVD, this would be really useful.

3aces

3aces

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
yeah i guess so.....butt bigger than one DVD, hmmm......8gb is a huge image, i suppose that would also be slow, you could play around with it and get it to a external drive

Posted Image

Cronner

Cronner
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 30-December 04
At the end when i click finish i get this error:
Making the image on vista x64 rtm and the image is vista x64 rtm to.
Image works perfectly :)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at ..(IntPtr )
at ..(Boolean , Boolean )
at ..(Boolean )
at ..(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
vlite
Assembly Version: 0.7.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.7.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vLite.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
vLite
Assembly Version: 0.7.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.7.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vLite.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MCDBNET2
Assembly Version: 1.32.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.32.0.1302
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/MCDBNET2.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.312
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.312
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.312_none_10b2ee7b9bffc2c7/msvcm80.dll
vhelper
Assembly Version: 1.0.2478.3773
Win32 Version: 1, 0, 0, 1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/vLite/vhelper.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Cronner, 14 December 2006 - 12:54 PM.

Innocent Devil

Innocent Devil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05
wats is the windows\SxS folder ??

it consumes abt 1.8 GB of my image ??
can the Sidebyside assemblies be reduced ??
"The level of security that Vista is trying to achieve to protect video and audio is more extreme than anything the US government has ever considered necessary for protecting its most sensitive classified data."

Read Full Article @ [A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection]

Don't be lame [Linux is NOT Windows]

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
@3aces, I can think of several thigns what WLM stands for, but can you tell me. The files that you miss are removed when selecting Tablet PC I think. Maybe these files you mention need to be protected as well.

@Cronner. I had a similar error with a previous build of vLite. Only had it once, next run with same version was ok (not that useful, but maybe a bit comforting).

@Innocent Devil for me it is around 1,5GB with 0.5 beta (1,3GB with 0.7). Maybe if the files are not used runtime, that the folder can be compressed by default (brings it down to 0.85GB) ? Otherwise it would be costly to performance

@Nuhi, I do have some files related to Windows SAT in my global Temp-folder WinSAT_DX.etl, WinSAT_KernelLog.etl and WiSAT_StorageAsmt.etl (0.7 beta off course).

3aces

3aces

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
windows live messenger.......hmmm how comes i dont get this error in XP

Posted Image

ripken204

ripken204

The Hardware Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts
  • Joined 23-December 04
842mb, im almost able to burn it to cd!!! great work nuhi, keep it up.

btw, are you able to add ur username+password+serial num in vlite? or is that just not an option with vista?

Desktop: || lappped Q6700 w/ lapped TRUE || ASUS P5Q Deluxe|| Sapphire 4870 1GB || Mushkin Ascent XP2-8500 (2x2GB) || 2 x WD6400AAKS || Corsair HX620W || Lian-Li PC-60FB || 2 x BenQ G2400WD || Vista Ultimate 64bit || Samsung SH-S223Q || Logitech MX518 || Logitech Ultra-X || SteelSeries SX || Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 || ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe ||
Server: || E5200 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 || ASUS P5Q-EM || EVGA 8800GTS G92 w/ Accelero S1 R2 || G.SKILL 6400 2x2GB || 1 x WD6400AAKS || 4 x 1TB Samsung F1 || SeaSonic M12II SS-500GM || Antec Three Hundred || Samsung SH-203BL || Ubuntu 8.10 ||

3aces

3aces

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05

@3aces, I can think of several thigns what WLM stands for, but can you tell me. The files that you miss are removed when selecting Tablet PC I think. Maybe these files you mention need to be protected as well.

i can confirm it is the tablet files missing which are needed by WLM and Office 2003, nuhi can you work on a "keep" box for files now......i seem to feel we are approaching that point :D

Thanks Jeronimo :thumbup

Posted Image

XPero

XPero

Father of XPize / Vize

• Developer
  • 1,912 posts
  • Joined 08-August 04
One thing I've encountered, maybe it happened to someone else:

When removing Network Adapter Drivers, Vista won't let me install my own drivers. They actually install, but the device cannot be started. I have the nForce 2 network adapter. In my second try I kept network adapter drivers and everything went fine. 2 possibilities I come up: One, my network drivers are not Vista compatible (weird, because I use latest ones and if Vista ones are compatible, they must be on nVidia website ready for download) and two, there is some dependency there that break network adapter installation. I will kepp on trying with further vLite versions. Now enjoying Vista :)

Jeremy

Jeremy

Casual Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • Joined 24-June 04
Nuhi, my second time using Vista Lite the ISO creation worked. However, upon loading it in VMware, the beginning of the install process gives me this CMD box. Any ideas?

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

One thing I've encountered, maybe it happened to someone else:

When removing Network Adapter Drivers, Vista won't let me install my own drivers. They actually install, but the device cannot be started. I have the nForce 2 network adapter. In my second try I kept network adapter drivers and everything went fine. 2 possibilities I come up: One, my network drivers are not Vista compatible (weird, because I use latest ones and if Vista ones are compatible, they must be on nVidia website ready for download) and two, there is some dependency there that break network adapter installation. I will kepp on trying with further vLite versions. Now enjoying Vista :)

I had some problems as well. But then I found out that nVidia discontinued nforce2 support for vista.

Google for: nforce2 vista discontinued

I use the standard vista drivers without any errors.

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06

the beginning of the install process gives me this CMD box. Any ideas?

That's the Windows PE 2.0 prompt... it happened to me when image #2 from boot.wim got corrupted.

MFCK

MFCK

• 40 posts
  • Joined 26-July 04
vLite 0.7 beta work fine for me, exepted WMP and explorer thumbnail view (of movies).
It seem that vLite cancel Mpeg1/2 codecs integrated with WMP.
If I reinstall Mpeg1/2 codecs and Vista codec pack, WMP and BSplayer are capable to play all movies.
And the explorer thumbnail view work again.
Thanks for your hard work on this piece of sofware !!

Here my preset :

; vLite preset file

[Information]Version = 0.7 beta on 2.0.50727.312 Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6000.0
Target = Windows Vista ULTIMATE 32bit

[Components]
;# Drivers #
Display adapters
Ethernet network adapters
Modems
Printers
Scanners
Sound controllers
;# Games #
Inbox Games
Premium Inbox Games