What vista do that XP can not do

MGadAllah

Maybe but that takes 44% of your 2.2GHz processor. :lol:

Doesn't the Aero display run off the gpu rather then the cpu. So his cpu usage is probably from another app running. Whenever I use the flip3D my cpu usage doesn't elevate.

on a different thought...

I would like to see MORE enhancements use MORE cpu usage. Why have a 2.4Ghz or 3.0Ghz if the thing never goes beyond 10%. Max it out baby. Show me what you can do.

:D

well the truth is that i dont listen to what other people says.i like to test things my own and see if i like them and about vista..im currently using it at this moment im posting and im really satisfied.

why u people think that cause it needs high cost hardware its a worthless os? have u guys tried installing it on a pc with 512mb ram(xp needs the same!) and geforce 5200 or 2.4 Ghz cpu? i did and let me tell u IT WORKS FINE! its just that if u have more money then u have more fun and i dont see anything wrong with that as long as it runs on lower hardwares too(like it does now).

and vista is not only about gui

th.a7fda9944a.jpg

and who says vista ultimate price is high? when u no more need to buy third party softwares like firewall or norton ghost or even firefox(what does it have that ie7 doesnt?).acdsee pfff please why not MS photo gallery?

wanna make a dvd? why buy a third party? wanna see whats goin on on your windows? use sysinternals tools.(u can find them on microsoft.com) onlu thing remains is a good AV like kaspersky.

and BTW i love vista gui.why not enjoy my time behind the monitor with the cool gui? :sneaky:

Edited by fatalwoomera

I personally like the Flip slideshow feature in Windows Vista. I also like the whole "Preview images in folder on folder thumbnail" idea, it is awesome for my photo album.

As for Flip3d in Vista, try out TopDesk (Google it), which does something similar to replicating it on Windows XP. The trial is great.

I personally don't download anything that's not with Windows unless there is some benefit... WinAmp and Firefox for example.

This is my Alt+Tab now:

topdeskal4.jpg

Edited by BrainDrain

at this moment im posting and im really satisfied
What is your Hardware?
firefox(what does it have that ie7 doesnt?
This is a different story, do you have enough time to list FF advantages? ;)
acdsee pfff please why not MS photo gallery? wanna make a dvd? why buy a third party? wanna see whats goin on on your windows? use sysinternals tools.(u can find them on microsoft.com) onlu thing remains is a good AV like kaspersky.
XP has Paint & viewer and a built-in writer tool, but I do not know what more features vista built-in tool has
BTW i love vista gui.why not enjoy my time behind the monitor with the cool gui? :sneaky:
there are dozens of lovely XP themes that let you enjoy your stay too ;) Edited by MGadAllah

when u no more need to buy third party softwares like firewall or norton ghost or even firefox(what does it have that ie7 doesnt?).

Have fun restricting yourself to MS-only software. Firewall wise, Vista changed nothing (I still didn't use 3rd party firewalls on 2k/XP). Ghost was an essential tool until Vista, that's pretty much the only change I'll grant you, but it's hardly an expense, as most of us (who actually buy their software) have already bought it. As for IE7, just because you add tabs to the suckiest browser ever doesn't make other browsers useless. what FF has that IE7 doesn't? Things like standards compliance, lots of cool and very useful addons, etc. Even if it wasn't for FF, I still wouldn't use IE.

acdsee pfff please why not MS photo gallery?

:lol: Good joke! Why use something that doesn't suck and has a tons more useful features, yeah. Can't see why! Can't see why someone would want to use photoshop over paint either.

wanna make a dvd? why buy a third party?

Because I want good authoring/encoding/burning apps?

wanna see whats goin on on your windows? use sysinternals tools.(u can find them on microsoft.com)

That's always been that way. Except a couple months ago those were 3rd party. Vista changed nothing to this.

onlu thing remains is a good AV like kaspersky.

If that's all the software you need (that's EXTREMELY minimalistic needs, I don't recall seeing a PC with so little software installed/in use EVER), and that you're content with sub-par versions of everything, then why not? I bet you even like Windows Media Player...

No, I don't think thats with superfetch disabled. Mine is like his but a little better on CPU usage at 2 - 3%, and a little better on memory (i'm probably not running stuff he is). dAbReAkA, are you having some sort of problem with superfetch?

kartel, that's with superfetch disabled, right? :) there's no way u can get that by default :)