College Network - Limited login hrs

pawan

Hi,

In our college network (250 computers) we want to give every student (around 1500) a login id and password using which they can login on any system and for limited hrs (2 hrs) in a single day.

We have one windows 2003 server, and XP clients.

Any good software (server/client based)?

Thanks

Pawan

nfh3ew.jpg

In a domain, Windows already has this ability. View a user's properties and go to the Account tab. About halfway down there is a "Logon Hours..." button which allows you to do this.

In a domain, Windows already has this ability. View a user's properties and go to the Account tab. About halfway down there is a "Logon Hours..." tab which allows you to do this.

Thanks for reply, yes windows has the ability but its difficult to create 1500 user and then configure the properties one by one. I want some fast, reliable solution.

Pawan

nfh3ew.jpg

Anybody here heard of scripting. This is the perfect case for a script. Have the registrar extract the list of names from their database, if you already have one then get their network id also. If a network id has not been created come up with a method to create one. Put it in a comma separated text file and let a script create all the accounts. create a GPO to handle the required settings for password expiration and complexity, logon hours, etc.

I believe that the scripting guys website at microsoft even has just such a script pre-written.

Script is okk, but we want something else.

But in windows active directoy there is option to set the time for login but if its 10 am to 11am then the user can login in between this time only. we want that user can login at any time in 24 hrs but he will stay login only for 2 hrs in a day.

Is there any 3rd party software available for doing that.

Thanks

Pawan

But in windows active directoy there is option to set the time for login but if its 10 am to 11am then the user can login in between this time only. we want that user can login at any time in 24 hrs but he will stay login only for 2 hrs in a day.

Thats what I thought.. didn't want to say anything though due to overwhelming response that Windows has this capability. I would imagine that there is a GPO or something within AD that can be set to achieve this. I'll dig around...

Thats what I thought.. didn't want to say anything though due to overwhelming response that Windows has this capability. I would imagine that there is a GPO or something within AD that can be set to achieve this. I'll dig around...

Thanks man please help me, I have searched but did not find any.

• 13 years later...

Mcinwwl said:
> And here's where necroposting gets real

Not really. Just plain spam. As most such cases.
Even obvious if it would not (yet) contain the invisible spam-link in the last quoted line, after the "?"