Hivesft.inf has been damaged.

ctpoon

hi,

There is a problem when I install the hfslip-ed windows xp. When the time it almost copied everything in the plain text mode (just before restarting to the GUI installation screen). It show an error saying hivesft.inf line 1 has damaged, press f3 to terminate the installation (It shown in chinese). I am pretty sure it is not my disc problem, cause I tried to burn the hfslip-ed windows to another cd, still got the same problem.

I have attached the source/i386/hivesft.inf, sourcess/i386/hivesft.inf and hfslip.log for your information.

thanks in advance and have a good weekend.

This could turn out to be problematic. Non-English HIVESFT.INF files are in Unicode, which I can handle, but special characters are lost. I had the same problem when updating the part of the code that determines the language of the Windows source.

I hope I can get this fixed... :wacko:

I tried with an extra INF that's called from [HiveInfs.Fresh] but that didn't work. Setup complains about an internal error.

Oh well... It looks like the timezone updates for non-English versions of Windows will have to be installed from SVCPACK.

IE7 is now installed at GUI logon, meaning: when the Welcome screen appears. If you disabled the Welcome screen through a registry edit you can see it install. Since IE7 requires a reboot, you need to reboot manually after Windows has loaded the first time.

ctpoon---

1) Check on the fresh install (if you still have it) if there's still a folder named HFSLPGUI inside the Windows folder.

2) Are HFSLPGUI.CMD, HFSLPGUI.INF and IE7_INST.EX_ present in SOURCESS\I386?

3) Can you give me your new HFSLPGUI.CMD, HFSLPGUI.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF?

Edited by Tomcat76