- Better GDI resources (e.g., 32- rather than 16-bit - I think; there's an interesting thread somewhere here on the forum that explains the issue).
- The ability to support the Cairo graphics library
(a GDI replacement, used by Firefox 3 that, amongst other things, provides far better font-rendering in web pages
- Cleartype, or some such advanced font-rendering technology.
- IE7 - it will never happen, I know this (I much prefer Firefox and Opera, but IE7 on Windows 9x would be handy to me).
- Better Unicode support (seconding noguru
's suggestion above).
- Better security regarding file permissions (seconding jimmsta
's suggestion above), although I can't see this happening at all.
This post has been edited by bristols: 22 December 2006 - 01:52 AM