Office 2007 Silent Install

zimzum

Type setup.exe /admin

This Command Guide You For Create one Silent Install For Office 2007 , the guide generate one .msp file for use with setup.exe /adminfile filename.msp , Type setup.exe /help for more info.

To create one silent cd, copy all files from cd for temp dir create one .bat file "setup.bat" and add in the bat file "setup.exe /adminfile filename.msp", Edit autorun.ini o modify;

[autorun]

OPEN=SETUP.EXE

FOR

[autorun]

OPEN=SETUP.bat

burn all files on midia or create one .iso i emulate for test it :-)

• 4 weeks later...

no actually i think it works only for enterprise editions (that does not need activation).

when i do it and run the setup.exe i still get a window to click install.

is there a switch to make it COMPLETELY silent? or at least show the window but no need to click anything

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I've followed your instructions but when I run my *.msp file the installation starts "Please wait while setup prepares the necessary files" and then exits.

I am running it from my hard-disk as I want to create a silent installation for my unattended install.

Any ideas?

laze.

what you need to do this correctly is the custom installation wizard that gets shipped in the resource kit tools. This is what im waiting for but as you may of seen from my thread none has a link to the resource kit tools yet. dosent look like microsoft have complete ready for release yet..

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, for Enterprise just run X:\setup.exe /admin, configure the silent install per your tastes, drop the saved .msp in the updates directory and you are good to go. No need for a batch file at all.

Edited by blinkdt

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
no actually i think it works only for enterprise editions (that does not need activation).

when i do it and run the setup.exe i still get a window to click install.

is there a switch to make it COMPLETELY silent? or at least show the window but no need to click anything

run "setup.exe /admin" without the qutoes

enter your details there, and save the file, eg office.msp

now finally run

setup.exe /adminfile office.msp

this will use your current saved msp file that you made by running "setup.exe /admin and install it silent

Edited by shahed26

• 2 years later...

I've got two questions concerning OCT. How can I remove access from my unattended installation if I don't use it?

Secondly I use IPA symbols a lot, so I assigned key combinations to get them (for example ctrl+alt+e = short schwa). I have to reassign these combinations with every reinstallation of system. Could I embedd it into my MSF somehow?