Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Change Vista Shutdown DIALOG box

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mehargags

mehargags

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
I’m using vista past some days, apart for usual nags there one thing much disturbing that i’d like to change. The Shutdown dialog in Vista shows “ Sleep “as default which i never ever do. & i have to manually select either shutdown or Restart. Is there some Registry setting where i can edit this particular order as they appear & make Shutdown as the Default option. I’d rather prefer if u can have XP Button style dialog on Vista anyway.
Pls note that I;m talking of the Shutdown dialog box drop down list here & NOT abt “what to do when I press the power button” on my PC as thats the things that comes up when i google for my query.

Edited by mehargags, 23 December 2006 - 04:36 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

LLXX

LLXX

MSFN Junkie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
I think that's a bug.

XP and previous OS, would remember the last used option.

Edited by LLXX, 23 December 2006 - 05:15 AM.

Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • 2 posts
I'm pretty sure that it's "by design", however it's possible the change the default action in the shutdown dialog, by opening Power Options in the Controlpanel.
Select Change plan settings, for the currently selected power plan.
Click on Change advanced power settings, expand the Start menu power button in the section named Power buttons and lid.
Change the default sleep to shutdown.

mehargags

mehargags

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Change advanced power settings, expand the Start menu power button in the section named Power buttons and lid.
Change the default sleep to shutdown.

YES,,,, It does the JOB. Changes the default in the drops down to SHUT DOWN.
Thx for the tip. but no way to change it to button style as in XP?? its much more convenient to just click what u want :blushing:

Edited by mehargags, 24 December 2006 - 03:51 AM.

BoardBabe

BoardBabe

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
Can it be done through registry?
BoardBabe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN