Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Desktops] 2007

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

BlakByte

BlakByte

• 37 posts

By the way... I am using Windows XP, not vista as the toolbar may lead you to believe. It's the Vista Aero visual theme from the vista transformation pack.

Mate, a blind man can see that, that is XP and not vista.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Dagonet'

Dagonet'

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

The windows flag was actually a screenshot of the 3D windows XP screensaver that microsoft made. Then I added the text in the upper left, gave it a dark blue background and voila! Plain, simple, but visually pleasing. Note the lack of icons on my desktop - I try to keep my desktop clean.

By the way... I am using Windows XP, not vista as the toolbar may lead you to believe. It's the Vista Aero visual theme from the vista transformation pack.

Looks Good...... :)

Don't worry about the Vista issue....I've got 4 PC's here all within a year old....All come with Vista and only one is running Vista... LOL!!

The best thing about the Vista OS is the wall papers.... As far as the per pixel toys and other lil perks. I've been doing them and much more with Object Dekstop for years..

From what I hear though. Vista is about to become the ultimate operating (DEEP BREATH) system with the SP1....(Ahem)... LOL!! I guess when that happens, I'll put the machines back to their OEM packs..Until then, XP is on them all.. ;) Although I am hoping for an XP comparible system in Vista, at the least.

Cheers :)

Edited by Dagonet', 04 November 2007 - 03:25 PM.

JurgenDoe

JurgenDoe

• 14 posts
Oki doki here is mine for this month... :whistle:

Posted Image

Edited by JurgenDoe, 04 November 2007 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

ıllılı.ıl.lıılı -=Deviantart=- ıllılı.ıl.lıılı

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
Heres my current one:
Posted Image
its kinda overboard on the carbon but i was just playing around in paintshop :)

Edited by geek, 04 November 2007 - 10:07 PM.

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
Been a while but I think this one is worth. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slackware-current, kde 3.5.7, theme&co is NanoTek suite found on kde-look.org (this is the *first* release !). Music player is audacious 1.4rc1. Wallpaper found on Nine Inch Nail's website.
(of course self-compiled 2.6.23.1 patched kernel ;p )

edit: forgot the plain desktop screenshot. :P

Edited by Camarade_Tux, 05 November 2007 - 03:40 PM.

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
Btw, french people who know "Martine" books should have a look at the Martine cover generator.
It's really incredible. ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Camarade_Tux, 05 November 2007 - 02:47 PM.

mark

mark

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
Very nice Tux. The overall black theme and color is really effective, especially with images laid on top. It makes them really stand out. Makes you want to click on them to get a better view. The wallpaper is pretty cool also. Gloomy but a lot of character. Again, very nice.

DL

Posted Image

db-ie

db-ie

msfn_lurker

• 36 posts
http://i7.photobucke...dbwallpaper.jpg

SpatulaTzar

SpatulaTzar
  • 1 posts
db-ie what did you use to make your desktop?

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Very nice Tux. The overall black theme and color is really effective, especially with images laid on top. It makes them really stand out. Makes you want to click on them to get a better view. The wallpaper is pretty cool also. Gloomy but a lot of character. Again, very nice.

Thanks.
The wallpaper is indeed gloomy , by design. I needed a wallpaper that fitted that black theme and the best idea I had was one from Nine Inch Nails. However I did not have the one I especially thought about so I had to find another one on the internet. This one is for NIN's latest album. If you don't know NIN, read this wikipedia article and you'll understand why you found the wallpaper gloomy. ;)

cviorel

cviorel

• 12 posts
Mine:
Ubuntu 7.10

http://www.flickr.co...rel/1980892754/
http://www.flickr.co...57603090668125/

erfahren

erfahren

Ubuntu Linux user

• 40 posts
Posted Image B)
Posted Image

Island Dog

Island Dog

• 27 posts
WindowBlinds 6 on Vista - Harmony skin recolored
Wall - Webshots
ObjectDock Plus
IconPackager

Posted Image

Shelby_gt

Shelby_gt
  • 1 posts
Hello Island Dog... nice desktop.
Here I have two monitors with Vista Ultimate
The first is my main monitor with Adamant WB for Vista.With Astra Trillian for MSN and IRC Stardock.
With The Desktop Earth Dream from Wincustomize.com Dreams...
Cursor is SDdesktop

Posted Image

The next is my secondary monitor with Aqualix Vista Icons, desktop system weather, calendar and clock widgets by Richard Mohler.
IRC Stardock is Astra Trillian. Portable Applications is used here and at work to remote manage my systems completely. [Start menu design is my own to match my system]...

Posted Image

SGT B)

resized images to 50%

edit by me : no full-sized screenshots ; they take too long to load, use thumbnails

Edited by Shelby_gt, 17 November 2007 - 04:42 PM.

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
@Shelby_GT - very nice setup! I might have to give Trillian another whirl just by the looks of your theme!

mr.brownstone

mr.brownstone

Junior

• Pip
  • 89 posts
Last one this month using Salamandra VS on my Vista Ultimate:)
Posted Image
Full View
Posted Image

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
@mr.brownstone - I like... I like... :D

Idontwantspam

Idontwantspam

Nerd-in-Chief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
Now that the month's almost over, when do the winners get chosen?
-Idontwantspam

What's your home network like?
Windows 7: It does fancy!

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
When it's ready. :P

More seriously, we have to wait for the end of the month. And... both my laptop and desktop died.
OK, not completely but my laptop has a fried graphic card (I can use it as long as I don't use the nvidia drivers but only the vesa/vga ones ; linux power ;p ) and the other one had a bad cpu which damaged the motherboard and I don't intend to have any business sell me defective cpus just like that. So it is not very practical. Anyway, I'll manage to do it for next week-end. ;)

SimpleS14

SimpleS14

• 12 posts
clicky

please, please, no full-sized screenshots (though yours was light but it's a question of habits)

Edited by Camarade_Tux, 27 November 2007 - 02:58 PM.

mark

mark

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
Well, staying on topic with Mustangs and wallpapers. Here is a link to the new 2008 Ford Mustang Bullit (flash page with wallpapers): Website

Here it is at an autoshow: Picture
I understand that they are building 7,700 of them. No logos, no spoiler, tuned to sound like the original, Dark Highland Green and oh so sweet.

DL

Posted Image

mr.brownstone

mr.brownstone

Junior

• Pip
  • 89 posts
Back with my XP box while playing UT3. Getting better performance with XP rather than Vista...
Anyway, thought I should throw in a shot :)
Wall here.
Posted Image
View Full Image
Posted Image

hendrie

hendrie

• 17 posts
[b]Vista Transformation Pack 8 released
Posted Image

skizo

skizo

Skee-zoh, got it?

• 43 posts

Well, staying on topic with Mustangs and wallpapers. Here is a link to the new 2008 Ford Mustang Bullit (flash page with wallpapers): Website

Here it is at an autoshow: Picture
I understand that they are building 7,700 of them. No logos, no spoiler, tuned to sound like the original, Dark Highland Green and oh so sweet.

DL

I don't think anyone submitted a Mustang wallpaper. There's a Dodge Charger on the other page... :unsure:

C:/DOS
C:/DOS RUN
RUN DOS RUN

Visit FileSharingTalk.com

mark

mark

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

I don't think anyone submitted a Mustang wallpaper. There's a Dodge Charger on the other page... :unsure:

:blushing: You are correct. I saw the name 'Shelby_gt' and scrolled past mr.brownstones thumbnail and 'a' Mustang's image locked in my head. This brought up what I had recently seen on the 2008 Bullit.

DL

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN