Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

prathapml

merge SWM into single WIM

9 posts in this topic

I have four files that were split up into *.swm files, & this image has multiple images inside it.

Now, i want to get back the original *.WIM file - with ALL the 7 images inside it.

How?

imagex.exe offered only to split, & not to obtain the merged WIM back again (i dont want to create a wim using index number of one of the images inside, i want to bring back all of them, as it originally was).

Can't really help here but would you mind lettin me know briefly how you extracted each singley with ImageX?

@MAVERICKS CHOICE

Here's an example of how to restore one of the images inside a WIM, or a split-up-WIM:

imagex /apply WindowsNT6-buildnumber.store.swm [image number] [destination path]

You'd find that to extract Vista starter edition alone from the WIM on the RTM dvd, you'd use this command:

imagex.exe /apply v:\sources\install.wim 1 c:\test

Thanks now thats something to begin with.

Here is the command for extracting SWMs

imagex /ref install?.swm /apply install.swm 1 c:\WinVista
Edited by obsteel

This does exactly what you want

To merge SWM files use this command

imagex /ref source*.swm /check /export source.swm 1 target.wim "UniqueName"
Edited by obsteel

Thanks obsteel !

the number "1" would mean that only one of the images will be extracted into a WIM. Is there anyway to get all of it though?

Thanks obsteel !

the number "1" would mean that only one of the images will be extracted into a WIM. Is there anyway to get all of it though?

Try changing 1 to *

Nik

Works perfect with wild card thanks