STOP: 0x0000007B Error

Duamarea

on my other pc, which is windows 2000, i got this error when i started it up it said :

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x820A5270,0xC0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,

restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow

these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed

hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive

to make sure it it is properly configured and terminated.

Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption , and then

restart your computer.

Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on

troubleshooting Stop errors.

this happened before and i reinstalled windows 2000 on the system but im getting tired of this error OMFG!! I HATE IT

plz someone help ive search google and read some guides but i cant find my freakin' setup disk. is there a way i can run CHKDSK anotherway besides CD or Floppy (im about 2 look now for my setup disk) :( :(

Edited by Duamarea

I had this problem on a computer the other day. I removed the antivirus software (Panda) in safe-mode and then it loaded into Windows.

I then re-loaded the antivirus software and it has been fine since. You can go into safe mode and check the minidump files (usually located in C:\Windows\Minidump), there may be minidumps there which reference a file which is causing the problem.

Good luck.

This happens to you regularly on Windows 2000 installations? What IDE or SCSI controller are you using, and have you added any disks or partitions recently?
I get this same error when trying to remove the nForce drivers for my nForce 4 Ultra motherboard. Use the 'last known hardware' option in the windows boot menu. Press 'L' for the last known good configuration and try it again. If that works, something is wrong with your IDE/SATA/chipset drivers.