DrvComp v2007.08.09

Roufneck

Thanks for super tools... get install all my drivers but only nvidia networking driver will have problem with it... keep asking for the file that exist in the folder....

Can you tell me which driver? (driver version, os, download location)

Thanks for super tools... get install all my drivers but only nvidia networking driver will have problem with it... keep asking for the file that exist in the folder....

Can you tell me which driver? (driver version, os, download location)

sure master

nvidia network drivers 60.2.4

Ethernet Driver (v60.24) "WHQL"

using winxp sp2 with all ryan updates

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_680i_w...intel_9.53.html

Edited by cyberloner

Here's a driver that's not compressing properly. It doesn't find most of the files. It appears to be something related to the quotes, and maybe something else. I edited the quotes out and got rid of some of the errors, but there's still others.

It's a windows system driver (not their custom drivers) for Lexmark Z600 series.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b089t0

have a crack at em... :)

Here's a driver that's not compressing properly. It doesn't find most of the files. It appears to be something related to the quotes, and maybe something else. I edited the quotes out and got rid of some of the errors, but there's still others.

It's a windows system driver (not their custom drivers) for Lexmark Z600 series.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b089t0

have a crack at em... :)

Thanx :P It has to do with the quotes. I can fix this. Besides that it uses some language codes for file location. I need to look into this.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Tool! I'm having a slight problem with some intel graphics drivers but I don't believe it to be in relation to your utility so I will forgo posting any details till tomorrow. If I stll have problems after trying some Intel version rather than Dell version drivers I will update you. Thanks again saves an amazing amount of space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey roufneck??

You still around?

Can you polish the driver integration? Maybe make it possible to select a multi-dir?

Also when I am doing a driver it still kept the 64 bit ones when I had x86 selected. (While integrating drivers.)

Umm now I am getting an error about your choice of the value "d1000" in dosnet.inf

OK Now I investigated further and I see where you wanted to use the value of d1000 it simply did not add the folder to the top section.

Also it is doing this

[OptionalSrcDirs]

DRIVERS

DRIVERS <---- See repeating itself?

So I think it will be doing it over and over again.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have utilized this utility from autoit and it crashes on me quite often. I would like to know if it would be possible to provide the code for this so I can code it in autoit so I dont have to call a seperate app. What did you write this in? I wonder if it can be migrated to vb or autoit?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I have utilized this utility from autoit and it crashes on me quite often. I would like to know if it would be possible to provide the code for this so I can code it in autoit so I dont have to call a seperate app. What did you write this in? I wonder if it can be migrated to vb or autoit?

Thanks,

Hi Viper999,

Sorry I didn't reply to you or others any sooner. Lost my internet connection for a long time. Anyway, I had lots of time to look into the code and try to improve it. However, I programmed this a long time ago in NSIS. Thats also where the problem lies. NSIS is primarily used for installing software. Because of this I have hit the ceiling of the possibilities and need to look for too much work arounds.

I'll add the source to the first post in this thread. I hope someone can improve it or even better, help me rewrite it to .net or C. My skills are not good enough for this right now.

Regards, Roufneck.

• 1 month later...

I red the readme file, so if I understand I can put all my needed drivers in one folder, scan it with the tool and will make a compressed file that will be in i386\drivers?

Dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif will be updated as well automatically?

• 1 month later...

I am trying to compress some audigy drivers i got off of windows update and i keep getting this error

Initializing Driver Compressor 2007.08.09.0947...

Source: 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Audigy'
Destination: 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Comp Drivers\Audigy'
WHQL driver signing: 1
UseProvider: 0
Type: .x86
OS language: English (United States)
OS locale: ENG_ENU (0409)
International drivers: 1
Integrate drivers: 0

Expanding cabinet files...

Removing attributes from files...

Scan INF files...
[+] \ctusfsyn.inf
[+] \wdma_emu.inf
ERROR: Buffer is too small in \wdma_emu.inf

Removing temp dirs...

Compressing cabinet files...

Compressing copied files...

Processed 2/2 .inf files in 0 min 3 sec 391 ms.

here is the wdma_emu.inf:

Edited by godan