Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

DrvComp v2007.08.09

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06
I added (beta) support for nVidia international drivers with auto language detection of the host OS. I know the language selection doesn't work if your OS language is not supported by nVidia. Can someone please test this option?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

I have checked it and found all the settings of my sound driver in the register. So, that must not to be too difficult. Standard setting of my EAX-console is without Stereosurround. The sounds is without real crap. And the driver will be only installed for Creative Audigy SE Windows XP (Dutch) soundcards. So, if I had more pc's with the exactly that card and OS, I want on that pc surround sound. And keep in mind, give users choice with the optional option to integrate current settings. If you don't want; you don't get.

I've looked into the inf files of several drivers. I think its gonna take a lot of time. The main problem is, how do I know what to change and what can be changed without messing up the installation.
An other problem is that some inf files are written very badly. I have to come up with some code to detect all the registry settings in a lot of different inf files that are written by different programmers.

You are talking about 1 option only: Stereo surround. If it is only about a few options, I think its better to patch the registry after installation (run once) and leave the inf files alone or if that is not an option for you, edit the inf files manually.

This doesn't mean I wont add this in the future. It only means that I will think about it and when I find a solution, I will add it.

Inferi0r

Inferi0r

Little dude

• PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 28-July 06
Hey! Thanks for the update man

I've tested the new version and founds something

At first I compress my unpacked driver with v2007.07.17.
At second I grab the driver that I use now, with DriverGrabber from Siginet, and then I've compressed it with v2007.07.17.

The maps were exactly the same except a few multilanguage files (not all multilanguage files!). I think this files will be used for the installation procedure of helpfiles.

List of files:

- nv3dNLD.chm
- nvcplnld.chm
- NVCPNL.HL_
- nvdspNLD.chm
- nvmobNLD.chm
- NVRSNL.dll
- nvwcpnl.hl_
- nvwrsnl.dll

You must know my current installed driver is also multilanguage and installed on the normal way. So if its normal that I miss these files, then they can removed with DrvComp also, or not?

For a reason I don't understand I can't use this drive compressor to test of there are maybe other things that can removed. Maybe you can test it?

I've looked into the inf files of several drivers. I think its gonna take a lot of time. The main problem is, how do I know what to change and what can be changed without messing up the installation.
An other problem is that some inf files are written very badly. I have to come up with some code to detect all the registry settings in a lot of different inf files that are written by different programmers.

I think i understand the problem in general. At first is hard to find the right regfiles (but that can the user do by himself) and at second it is often hard to convert regfiles to .inf on the right way. So I've searched and founded a program that can do that. Here is the Reg2Inf converter from n7Epsilon. The source code is included in the zip file, to make it easy.

But its your program and time. Its just a linkage to help you.

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

The maps were exactly the same except a few multilanguage files (not all multilanguage files!). I think this files will be used for the installation procedure of helpfiles.

If you mean that these files are missing from the drivers grabbed with DriverGrabber, that is possible. Because it does the same as DriverCompressor. Checking for files in the inf and copy those.

These extra 8 files you add with DriverCompressor are the multi language files. These are not in the copy section in the inf file and must be added with an other routine like I did. If these files are missing, the driver will fall back to english. To remove these files, unclick the international driver support option I added. You will loose the dutch language support though (I think).

For a reason I don't understand I can't use this drive compressor to test of there are maybe other things that can removed. Maybe you can test it?

I think it is because the program works completely different than mine. You probably only can use it with the standard unpacked setup file. DriverCompressor scans inf files for files to copy, this way it should work with every inf file. The program from laptopvideo2go hardcoded the files to delete.

I think i understand the problem in general. At first is hard to find the right regfiles (but that can the user do by himself) and at second it is often hard to convert regfiles to .inf on the right way.

That is not the problem. The big problem is scanning the inf file for the default registry settings and keys. This is done differently for different manufacturers. The easy part will be reading these settings from the registry and set these as defaults. I can easily hardcode some registry settings, but I don't want to do this. That way I may have to update the program each time a new driver comes out.

uncajesse

uncajesse
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07
re: NVLiTE... v2.119 (the latest when i'm writing this) has an issue with any driver versions 1xx.xx and above. It misreads them.

Instead, I recommend using this batch file:
rem Version 1.0
rem General Section
attrib -r -h -a -s *.*
expand -r *.* *.*
ren *.cf *.cfg
ren *.cp *.cpl
ren *.dl *.dll
ren *.ex *.exe
ren *.hl *.hlp
ren *.sy *.sys
ren *.tv *.tvp
del *.??_
del *.cab
del *.bin
del *.hdr
rem Various Manufacturers & Websites Section
del *.cva
del pme*.*
del get*.*
del *.tag
del *.lnk
del *.htm
in your working directory for your nVidia driver's, which will allow it to work fine with DrvComp, from what I've seen so far.

[edit] I just noticed you're using unpacked driver already, please excuse my post if you're already using this exact batch file. ;) [/edit]

Edited by uncajesse, 18 July 2007 - 06:51 AM.

Viper999

Viper999

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
What i was hoping for was an the ability for your utility to read the .inf file and take all the files necessary for a driver to work and then add entries in the textsetup.sif and dossetup.inf. This way the drivers would be truley integrated in windows source instead of method 1 or method 2 for driver detection.

dbrunton

dbrunton

• 25 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06
Initializing Driver Compressor 2007.07.17.1246...

Source: 'C:\My Documents\drivers\rhine'
Destination: 'C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WINDOWS 2000\DRVCOMPRESSOR\Destination'
WHQL driver signing: 1
UseProvider: 0
Type: .x86
OS language: English (United States)
OS locale: en_enu (0409)
Copy international driver files: 0

Expanding cabinet files...
Removing attributes from files...
Parse Error 3

[+] \FETNDIS.inf
[+] \winsetup\NTSetup.inf
Removing temp dirs...
Compressing cabinet files...
Compressing copied files...

Processed 2/2 .inf files in 0 min 7 sec 359 ms.

Completed

This is my log file while testing. Not sure about the Parse Error 3. It's pulling what seems to be the correct files and directory across to the destination but not doing any sort of compression, the files are just there.

The source is an x86 folder containing the files for a Rhine network card; no cab files are in there.

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

What i was hoping for was an the ability for your utility to read the .inf file and take all the files necessary for a driver to work and then add entries in the textsetup.sif and dossetup.inf. This way the drivers would be truley integrated in windows source instead of method 1 or method 2 for driver detection.

Do you know what entries to add and where? Or do you have some links where I can get the info? It would save a lot of time compared to method 1 and 2.

Hmmm... The only problem I can think off is adding different (manufacture modified) drivers with the same file name. I somehow need to recreate the dir structure in the i386 folder.

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

The source is an x86 folder containing the files for a Rhine network card; no cab files are in there.

Can you give me a link to the drivers you used? I tried with some Rhine network card drivers, but I cant reproduce it.

dbrunton

dbrunton

• 25 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06
Can you give me a link to the drivers you used? I tried with some Rhine network card drivers, but I cant reproduce it.

http://www.viaarena....mp;SubCatID=147

The file that I downloaded was rhine-ndism-x86-x64-368-setup.zip with two folders x86 and Vista.

I ran your tool on the x86 folder.

Edited by dbrunton, 19 July 2007 - 03:54 AM.

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

The file that I downloaded was rhine-ndism-x86-x64-368-setup.zip with two folders x86 and Vista.
I ran your tool on the x86 folder.

I just saw that you use Windows 98 Second Edition. Think there is a problem with removing attributes from files. Could you try this file and post the log file?

Edit: Removed beta version.

Edited by Roufneck, 19 July 2007 - 10:38 AM.

dbrunton

dbrunton

• 25 posts
  • Joined 20-July 06
Initializing Driver Compressor 2007.07.19.1222...

Source: 'C:\My Documents\drivers\x86'
Destination: 'C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WINDOWS 2000\NEWTEST\Destination'
WHQL driver signing: 1
UseProvider: 0
Type: .x86
OS language: English (United States)
OS locale: en_enu (0409)
Copy international driver files: 0

Expanding cabinet files...
Removing attributes from files...
Parse Error 3

ATTRIB -A -R -H -S C:\My Documents\drivers\x86\* /S /D
ATTRIB -A -R -H -S C:\My Documents\drivers\x86\* /S

Scan INF files...
[+] \FETNDIS.inf
[+] \winsetup\NTSetup.inf
Removing temp dirs...
Compressing cabinet files...
Compressing copied files...

Processed 2/2 .inf files in 0 min 11 sec 144 ms.

Completed

File compression is occurring on the copied files. This was occurring on the original exe as well. That I did not notice - too much of a hurry.

I think I was presuming that the app would place all the files into a cab file for some reason from reading the messages. Unsure as to the parse error but it is occurring on another driver file I tested. But compression of the extracted files is occurring on this one as well plus the parse error.

No, the app is doing what it is supposed to be doing, just my eyesight. Apologies.

There are no attributes on the files concerned being worked on.

Edited by dbrunton, 19 July 2007 - 05:20 AM.

Viper999

Viper999

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
Coud you just created custum dirs under I386 directory and add those custom dirs under txtsetup.sif ? This will avoid the issue with the potential of drivers having the same name.

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Coud you just created custum dirs under I386 directory and add those custom dirs under txtsetup.sif ? This will avoid the issue with the potential of drivers having the same name.

I am already working on this and took nlite as an example. I have to solve a few minor problems and test it before I make it a public beta. So far it is looking good.

Viper999

Viper999

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
Awesome !!!!!! How is it going with the integrating drivers ?

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Awesome !!!!!! How is it going with the integrating drivers ?

Still work in progress. I don't have much spare time now, but will try to finish it by the end of next week.

Viper999

Viper999

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
Getting close ?

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Getting close ?

I think its working. However, there are some textsetup copy errors regarding to some .cat files. Haven't figured that out yet. But if someone wants to test and can find whats wrong.

Edit: removed beta version.

Edited by Roufneck, 09 August 2007 - 01:51 AM.

Viper999

Viper999

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04
I tested it on a few drivers and they integrated correctly as far aas I can tell. I need to do an install to make sure they install properly. Thank you for your efforts to this point. I am creating an autoit app that creates an unattended cd and am going to use your app to integrate the drivers. Awesome so far I will let you know what I find.

cyberloner

cyberloner

CyberMania.ws

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 19-July 05
Thanks for super tools... get install all my drivers but only nvidia networking driver will have problem with it... keep asking for the file that exist in the folder....
so i use the default original driver for nvidia network... so everything is fine...
Save **** a lot spaces =) thanks
CyberMania
AMD FX 8350 Vishera | Scythe Ninja 2 | ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 | Micron VALUE DDR3 2X 4GB 1333MHZ (OC 1866MHZ) | SAPPHIRE HD7770 | 27" Samsung P2770H | 2X WD 2TB Black | CM iGreen Power 600W | Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 | X-FI Titanium | CM ELITE 430

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06

Thanks for super tools... get install all my drivers but only nvidia networking driver will have problem with it... keep asking for the file that exist in the folder....

Can you tell me which driver? (driver version, os, download location)

cyberloner

cyberloner

CyberMania.ws

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 19-July 05

Can you tell me which driver? (driver version, os, download location)

sure master
nvidia network drivers 60.2.4
Ethernet Driver (v60.24) "WHQL"
using winxp sp2 with all ryan updates

http://www.nvidia.co...intel_9.53.html

Edited by cyberloner, 05 August 2007 - 07:26 AM.

CyberMania
AMD FX 8350 Vishera | Scythe Ninja 2 | ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 | Micron VALUE DDR3 2X 4GB 1333MHZ (OC 1866MHZ) | SAPPHIRE HD7770 | 27" Samsung P2770H | 2X WD 2TB Black | CM iGreen Power 600W | Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 | X-FI Titanium | CM ELITE 430

cyberloner

cyberloner

CyberMania.ws

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 19-July 05
si3132 raid driver also failure to be install...
windows keep asking for the file and need point it to the folder and select the compress file...
looks like this kind of driver doesn't like to be compress?
attach for u

Attached Files

CyberMania

Roufneck

Roufneck

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06
Released DrvComp v2007.08.09 with XP installation CD driver integration.

uncajesse

uncajesse
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07
Here's a driver that's not compressing properly. It doesn't find most of the files. It appears to be something related to the quotes, and maybe something else. I edited the quotes out and got rid of some of the errors, but there's still others.

It's a windows system driver (not their custom drivers) for Lexmark Z600 series.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b089t0
have a crack at em... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users