How to use Windows Updates Downloader

I had another post but it was in error. I asked in it about Windows Media Player 11 Intergrator.

I meant to ask about Windows Updates Downloader and thought I should post again correctly with the correct Topic.

What I wanted to know is how you use Windows Updates Downloader. Do you just open it and it will go online and fine the updates ? Or, is there something there to activate that I am missing.

I install it and open it. I don't see anything. How do you get it to find the updates. Every time I open it, it says no update list found.

Thanks,

Ed.

Click on the plus icon, which opens up WUD's webpage. From there, select a UL you'd like to use, then when asked if you want to save or open the UL, open it. It will then be installed in WUD. Simply click the refresh button and you can select the UL that was installed. Select the updates you want to download and off it will go.

Click on the plus icon, which opens up WUD's webpage. From there, select a UL you'd like to use, then when asked if you want to save or open the UL, open it. It will then be installed in WUD. Simply click the refresh button and you can select the UL that was installed. Select the updates you want to download and off it will go.

Thank you so much for your reply. I did as you said and I am now good to go.

Thanks again for the helpful reply.