hey man..the test bar audio player in the powertoy SUX ASS!

hermit

it sux a**!

so many bugs and problems

many songs won't play.....and if i play the same playlist in winamp it works......hafta click a lot of stuff to play a song(click the playlist button, add songs, possibly tell it to sort, click on the song to play- it won't play itself...)......so why bother even using it?....if u hafta click so much stuff just to play a song..

sometimes it fastforwards a song, backwards a song, by itself... weird....very messed up....

so now........use the winamp control instead!

or simply make the winamp to just a bar shape....(double click it)...and make it always stay on top......

conclusion: taskbar audio player provided by ms is garbage!

so another question comes up then

why do we even need the winamp control then?

if we can make winamp stay always on top

and make it into very small size

with pretty skins

and with more controls

????????????????????

?!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!??!

Hermit, do me a big favor....When you want to add something or edit a post just click on the edit button on the bottum right hand corner of your post. When you do a thriple post that actually could have been one post it raises the storge of this forum, thus in time will make it load slower becuase the amount of data is so much bigger. Thanks

-XPerties:D

!!!!Chris lives HERE!!!!

Anyhow Hermit,

it's all about preference...

personally, having winamp on top of other apps, doesn't feel smooth

I like stuff to look smooth "integrated" .. it really is about everyone's taste ;-)

Here is another shot...(altough I need to find me some better icons, but the rest looks pwetty, I wish I could add another toolbar in there, but my bro would kill me)

[b:943c625a37]http://www.geocities.com/bantoniou.rm/prof.JPG[/b:943c625a37]

Ya well, the ms toy always had bugs.. for me so far nothing major, other than it erases the playlist sometimes... Anyhow I'll probably switch to the winamp ones so no biggie!

hey babis

is that the new version of the prophecy theme?

so basically

using taskbar icons doesn't makes me doing less "mouse clicks" to open a song

so why bother using it?

:)

i was thinking if i can do very few clicks and be able to play a song on the taskbar without opening the prog , then it would be good, but looks like neither the m$ one nor the winamp does the job!

Well, here is how I have winamp:

Make WinXP startup with winamp agent

Make Winamp:::>Preferences:::>Options:::>Display (none)

Have the Winamp buttons on taskbar.

Since I don't restart my comp that often and I usually have playlists for my music moods...

Whenver I start up my comp, click on the playlist, then just control it from taskbar.

You could pretty much do the same with either having.

01. (winamp agent running and then from there right click::> and control it)

02. have winamp itself main window run, but it takes a spot on the taskbar, and I like having it empty...

But ya whatever floats your boat .. works ;-)

Some poeple even have those new keyboards where they multimedia buttons to just do that sort of thing (play/stop/etc..)

Or you can get one of those softwars that makes shortcut keys to your applications... (I'm not a keyboard person.. I like the mouse more)

[b:c886420a08] prophecy theme [/b:c886420a08]

yup that's the latest Beta.. the author is still working on improving it for the green/red colors. the grey one is complete.. and he is still working on making the blue one complete...

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some awesome plugins to winamp for control

Sorted in order of hmm....beauty :)

[b:a88fc00b06]Winamp remote (skinable)[/b:a88fc00b06]

http://www.gold-iguana.com/software.htm

[b:a88fc00b06]Simple Control (skinable)[/b:a88fc00b06]

http://www.skinnables.org/project.php?op=p...fo&project_id=8

[b:a88fc00b06]Winamp Desk Band (same idea of taskbar icons but with vol)[/b:a88fc00b06]

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=82271

What do you mean it leaves a portion of the program running? in taskbar? process?