Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[RELEASE] Boooggy's WMP 11 direct integration solution

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
645 replies to this topic

Annita

Annita

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
Any ideas of what is the problem I have and how to solve it???

Thnx,

Annita

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts
yes anita....i have an idea....dont use nlite unattend page and please report.
i had same error as u have for other addons with nlite when i try to create limited users.

Annita

Annita

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
I already did that....
I copied all of a WXP SP2 CD on a folder, slipstream WMP11 with your app and nothing else (no Win Updates, no other progs, nothing) and I still get the same error on limited user accounts...

Annita

just_laze

just_laze

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
Hey,

Use boooggy's add-on and RyanVM's Integrator - no issues here.

laze.

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts
anita thx for finding this ...i confirm there is an error on limited users... will be fixed as soon as we can.

till then please contact me on pm

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
Hi boooggy,
For WinXP 32-bit, your wmp11 vanilla addon pack works perfectly.

May i ask if you have plans of supporting XP-64 bit edition ?
I have WinXP x64, with SP2 slipstreamed.
wmp11-x64 - LINK | details
SP2 for XP-64 - details
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts
prathapml to be sincere i didnt think to make it work for x64.........but it seems that people start asking me about this...so i might start working on it soon. :rolleyes:

hulkviper

hulkviper

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
I just want to update WM Format, is it safe to select WMP11 in nLite if I have integrated it with WMP11 Slipstreamer?

Drakx

Drakx
  • 4 posts
I also would like to know if there will be support for x64 xp?

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts

I also would like to know if there will be support for x64 xp?

dont know yet....maybe....there are only few requests...... :whistle:

tap52384

tap52384

nLite Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
Here is a WMP11 icon I extracted from Windows Vista (should support 256 x 256):

Vista WMP11 Icon (256 x 256)

Hope this helps!

tap52384

tap52384

nLite Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
I received this error while using the WMP11 Slipstreamer in Windows Vista Enterprise:

WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods+ArchiveProcessException: An error occurred while creating "wmp11.cab" ---> System.ApplicationException: AddFile failed with code None
at Mischel.CabDotNet.CmpRoutine.AddFile(String filename, String nameInCab, Boolean execOnDecompress, FciCompression compressType)
at System.IO.Compression.CabCompressor.recursiveCompress(String fileOrFolderPath, String stripPrefix)
at System.IO.Compression.CabCompressor.CompressFiles(String sFolder, Boolean recursive, CompressorProgressCallback callbackMethod)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods.NativeCabinetCreate(String cabinetPath, String sourceFolder, Boolean recursive, Boolean log, CompressorProgressCallback callback)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods.NativeCabinetCreate(String cabinetPath, String sourceFolder, Boolean recursive, Boolean log, CompressorProgressCallback callback)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.CompressFiles()
at WMP11Slipstreamer.MainGUI.workerMethod(Object addonSettings)

Deleting "E:\extra\xp\i386\wmp11temp"... Done!

The source being modified has not been damaged.
All changes have been successfully reverted.

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts
ya pat i know about that. u have to take the cabinet.dll from xp and put it in the same folder with slipstreamer.

addons updated: added kb932390 and kb933547.

also if anybody can offer me some hosting will be greatlly appreciated.......

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
Add me to the list of those who wants to slipstream to Windows x64. Thanks.

mc00

mc00
  • 2 posts
hello boooggy, thank you for the addon....

but have little problem with wmp11 well is not error or crashes... Well you know when you load a file music etc.. wmp11 pop out and plays right, and than you click on different file again and than wmp11 play the file you just open.. Well once wmp11 is open and I try to open different file instead playing the file I request just adds to the playlist so I have manually double click on the playlist to play the file I open, I didn't have to do that before so what I did was I create new xp cd without using your wmp11 addon and once I windows finish install. I install wmp11 manually by using microsoft installer and wmp11 didn't do that anymore... I use nlite and wmp11 addon 1.45.. what could this be?

Edited by mc00, 23 March 2007 - 03:55 PM.

hoTy3k

hoTy3k

localhost

• 23 posts

Add me to the list of those who wants to slipstream to Windows x64. Thanks.

dito...pls add support for xp x64 :thumbup

hulkviper

hulkviper

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
I'll ask again!

I just want to update WM Format, is it safe to select WMP11 in nLite if I have integrated it with WMP11 Slipstreamer?

just_laze

just_laze

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
Hey,

What do you mean by 'update'?

laze.

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
@boooggy:
are there enough ppl asking for x64 wmp11 integration now? :lol:
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts
i guess there are .....but i just dont have the time yet....... :P

hulkviper

hulkviper

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
laze, nevermind

28cc

28cc
  • 1 posts
Hi boooggy,

I used your slipstream application with nLite and now I can't rip CD tracks with MP3, there's no MP3 format on the Rip CD options (only WMA and WAV). I can send you a screenshot if you want.

It seems the WMP11 slipstream utility removed the following registry entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings\MP3Encoding]
"LowRate"=dword:0001f400
"MediumRate"=dword:0002ee00
"MediumHighRate"=dword:0003e800
"HighRate"=dword:0004e200
"PreferredCodecName"="mp3"
"PreferredCodecPath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\l3codecp.acm"

I copied the entries from an original WMP11 installation and now it works as expected.
Could you add this back on your app?

Is there a way to specify nLite which mode (vanilla or tweaked) should the splipstream work? Which one is used by default?
I can't change the mode from nLite

Also where is the WMP11 slipstream changelog? I'm trying to get the list of applied patches and fixes, searched the forums but couldn't find a complete list.

Thanks.

finderz

finderz

• 11 posts
Hi booogy i encounter this error while trying to slipstream wmp11 to my xpsp2. Im running nlite under winxp 64bit right now.

WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods+ArchiveProcessException: An error occurred while extracting "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\wxpsp2\i386\OEMBIOS.DA_". ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
at System.DateTime..ctor(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day, Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.FCntl.DateTimeFromDosDateTime(Int16 date, Int16 time)
at System.IO.Compression.CabDecompressor.decompInstance_NotifyCloseFile(Object sender, NotifyEventArgs e)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.DcmpRoutine.NotifyCallback(FdiNotificationType fdint, FdiNotification fdin)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.CabSdk.FdiCopy(IntPtr hfdi, String cabinetName, String cabinetPath, Int32 flags, FdiNotifyDelegate fnNotify, FdiDecryptDelegate fnDecrypt, IntPtr userData)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.CabSdk.FdiCopy(IntPtr hfdi, String cabinetName, String cabinetPath, FdiNotifyDelegate fnNotify, FdiDecryptDelegate fnDecrypt, Object userData)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.DcmpRoutine.ExtractFiles(String cabinetFullPath)
at System.IO.Compression.CabDecompressor.ExtractFiles(String destFolder, DecompressorProgressCallback delegateMethod)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods.NativeCabinetExtract(String cabFile, String destinationDirectory, Boolean log, DecompressorProgressCallback callback)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods.NativeCabinetExtract(String cabFile, String destinationDirectory, Boolean log, DecompressorProgressCallback callback)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.DetectSourceType()

Deleting "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\wxpsp2\i386\wmp11temp"... Done!

Edited by finderz, 26 March 2007 - 10:53 AM.

finderz

finderz

• 11 posts
Hi booogy i encounter this error while trying to slipstream wmp11 to my xpsp2. Im running nlite under winxp 64bit right now.

WMP11Slipstreamer.ArchiveMethods+ArchiveProcessException: An error occurred while extracting "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\wxpsp2\i386\OEMBIOS.DA_". ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
at System.DateTime..ctor(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day, Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.FCntl.DateTimeFromDosDateTime(Int16 date, Int16 time)
at System.IO.Compression.CabDecompressor.decompInstance_NotifyCloseFile(Object sender, NotifyEventArgs e)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.DcmpRoutine.NotifyCallback(FdiNotificationType fdint, FdiNotification fdin)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.CabSdk.FdiCopy(IntPtr hfdi, String cabinetName, String cabinetPath, Int32 flags, FdiNotifyDelegate fnNotify, FdiDecryptDelegate fnDecrypt, IntPtr userData)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.CabSdk.FdiCopy(IntPtr hfdi, String cabinetName, String cabinetPath, FdiNotifyDelegate fnNotify, FdiDecryptDelegate fnDecrypt, Object userData)
at Mischel.CabDotNet.DcmpRoutine.ExtractFiles(String cabinetFullPath)
at System.IO.Compression.CabDecompressor.ExtractFiles(String destFolder, DecompressorProgressCallback delegateMethod)
at WMP11Slipstreamer.Backend.DetectSourceType()

Deleting "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\wxpsp2\i386\wmp11temp"... Done!

Edited by finderz, 26 March 2007 - 10:52 AM.

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts
download links and site got back on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN