vLite 0.8 beta - Vista on a single CD

nuhi

Did Windows Photo Gallery get dropped or merged into Windows Photo Viewer as I only see the that one?

Also when I try to write (burn direct) after erasing, I get a write 9216 error. Probably, need to eject first. SO I did and after this, option was still burn direct, but right bottom shows make ISO (and not burn as it should).

Finally, when starting vLite, filter is installed. But on 2nd start license is shown (should be before or right after installation of filter).

Edited by Jeronimo

I have a question..... what parts of Vista that you can remove using vLite are normally copied to a fresh Installation? For example, will leaving out the printer drivers or the language support give a smaller INSTALLED Vista?

I have this question since i am looking for a smaller/lighter vista, not for a smaller image.

I have a question..... what parts of Vista that you can remove using vLite are normally copied to a fresh Installation? For example, will leaving out the printer drivers or the language support give a smaller INSTALLED Vista?

I have this question since i am looking for a smaller/lighter vista, not for a smaller image.

vLite removes components from the installation and therefore the installation ISO is smaller, but also the WIndows Vista you installed. Vista uses 8GB for me by default, I now am down to an installation ISO of 667MB and a Vista installed size of 2.5GB.

i just saw the update, i cannot download the 0.8 beta from the link provided :(

Click on the link and that is the changelog. To the left is a link to download(s) for installation and self-extracting archive.

Hi guys. Im trying to download v0.8 but links are dead, does anyone have a rapidshare link? or another link to download v0.8 thanks a lot bye :hello:

------------------

(a minute after)

I found a link, it is in www.majorgeeks.com, search for vlite and you'll find it.

Bye

Edited by nicox46

prx984, 512RAM

tap52384, this tweak is for compatible only because it's needed when WinSAT removed. Why would you even want it on the non-compatible cards, it will go slow. If you have a good experience with it I may add that too.

KRYOGENIUS, well searching inside the files for a related text, then when you get one others are all structured similiarly.

iwod, experience and vista's way of setup, both contributed to the speed. Almost all is removable, not to worry, it will be small as nlited XP, or at least very close to it.

XPero, let me know when you check it if it's ok, i used only the fontsubstitute tweaks because that area is for that, other parts of the tweak weren't so clean, and you can return to default with vlite, just reverse the tweak.

Jeronimo, yeah the gallery missing is a bug, corrected. About other I'll save it for review.

markusdlv, listen now, ALL DVD files are extracted (from the image file), 90% of them are DOUBLE copied (in cache and installed). How about that for an answer? ;) Vista doesn't install it just extracts.

For "dead links" read the referrer guide, or just search for it, I'll add unprotected mirrors soon.

edit: Updated it silently, now includes PhotoGallery