Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

vLite 0.8 beta - Vista on a single CD

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

TheTripleX

TheTripleX

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
aydc it doesn't really matter how big the Windows folder is, it matters how much space the whole package takes: Windows + Documents And Settings + Program Files + Program Files (x86 if it exists).

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

idiotnesia

idiotnesia
  • Members
  • 6 posts
nice job nuhi, i'll test it in my old pc

can't wait for your alpha release....

cro-man

cro-man

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
Cheerz nuhi,i just saw the update. I'm going to try this new version today

thx a lot for your great work

FnF

FnF
  • Members
  • 5 posts
I read some posts about the so called "font tweak".
What exactly is this doing?

And is there a way to disable the "Cleartype" from Vista so it's around the same as with XP Cleartype (Set to Standard if i'm not mistaken)? Since it's looking horrible on my CRT :)

oldmaelstrom

oldmaelstrom
  • Members
  • 3 posts
still having troubles with russian mui on vista ultimate after use vlite 0.8beta. On full vista all work is fine.

vista custo

vista custo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Im new here :hello:

It is possible to bypass the ram check to install vista on 256mb of ram i done it but it was a bad iso and got stuck with it expanding the files at 27% :}

vampiriq

vampiriq

• Members
  • 35 posts
how did you bypass it?

LeveL

LeveL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

aero requires 32bit graphics, i don't think there will ever be an easy way to change that. aero glass doesn't even look all that great to me...i prefer the classic style.

Microsoft suck a$$ and bloat everything out it seems on purpose.

If you use Windowblinds on XP/2003 with the Ironjer AeroGlassXP theme
from DeviantArt, you can have glass in VMware and that has... 2Mb video?

I think disabling the systen requirements at setup (min RAM etc) will be also a great option.
Thanks a lot :)

This is the #1 thing for me, theres three requirements to consider though:

CPU
RAM
HDD space

On nLite the CPU is left out of it but it never matters since everyone now has
at least a 500Mhz or something along those lines, with Vista though its different,
the minimum spec for a CPU is 800Mhz or something.

Do you think that maybe in the up coming versions that minimum ram check will be removed? I'd like to try to install vista on my PIII 650 laptop :P

This is the #1 thing..... and so on and so on :whistle:

It is possible to bypass the ram check to install vista on 256mb of ram i done it but it was a bad iso and got stuck with it expanding the files at 27% :}

how did you bypass it?

He didn't, it got stuck! :lol:

Edited by LeveL, 26 January 2007 - 10:44 AM.

vista custo

vista custo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Yes i got stuck but winsetup.dll if where you bypass this stuff for anyone who wants to give it a try your welcome to i failed :lol:

(Maybe its just me and vista just wont install for me with 256 i don't know i tried it on 2 different vista iso's and got the same error so i nailed it down winsetup.dll being patch incorrectly but I'm not a pro at these things)

Edited by vista custo, 27 January 2007 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN