Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

UAC on vLite Startup

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

nrms

nrms

• 16 posts
  • Joined 08-October 04
How to stop UAC dialog popping up everytime I launch vLite?

I make the shortcut Run As Administrator, but still I get the UAC dialog everytime.

Thanks
Nigel

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03

How to stop UAC dialog popping up everytime I launch vLite?

I make the shortcut Run As Administrator, but still I get the UAC dialog everytime.

Thanks
Nigel

The general setting is in the control panel under user accounts (can be disabled under your user). It can not be disabled per application as far as I know (otherwise I would prefer that too). vLite allows disabling UAC in the tweaks, so it will be disabled on first boot.

nrms

nrms

• 16 posts
  • Joined 08-October 04
I'd rather not disable UAC completely. Other programs when I run them do not trigger UAC, only vLite presumably because it is an "unidentified program" by an "unidentified publisher". I assume this can be fixed by nuhi.

Thanks
Nigel

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,390 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
There is nothing to be fixed, I made it to require UAC elevation because it needs that in order to operate properly.

Try any tweaking utility and it will do the same.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users