Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

vlita vista for use on an Laptop

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

@Clint
Why are you acting as the cocky know it all?

You keep pointing out how good you are, but when people ask for guidance, then you reply with "this is not the place". Why don't you really help in what we are trying to do instead of proving you are "superiour". We are all working in one way or the other towards the same goal and in this nuhi tries to provide a tool to assist us. How his methods are, I do not care as along as the result is up to par. For me this is the case and he can indeed be off sometimes. But he does not put neon-lights on his front page stating vLite will gaining 500% performance boost and memory usage will be 2 times less. Nobody's perfect, lets just try not to prove we are right, but try to have an healthy discussion on slimming down Windows Vista.

Allow me to quote from his site:
http://www.vlite.net/
Looked at some stats and it turns out that when a 1GB machine is used with the Vista Lite, vLite can save you up to a 600MB ! of free space in the RAM memory compared to a full version. I find that amazing, and the general usage is much faster even on my Core 2 Duo. Not to mention the 5GB smaller install

But you are right, this is getting out of hand..and I'm tired of it.

..it all started quite some time ago when he called me a "sick old bastard" when I was asking fellow members for an old version of nLite..and deleted their posts with links...so he did actually set the level.

I'm working towards finalization of my build, still working on an a replacement firewall.
I will drop some notes on Maxxpsofts forum when I'm done.

Edited by Clint, 22 January 2007 - 01:47 PM.

MSI X58M @222BCLK
920 3942A @4.22GHz (1.32v)
Sapphire HD 5850 @1GHz/1.3GHz (1.2v)
Mushkin Blackline 12GB PC3-12800 @1.33GHz 6-6-6-16 (1.64v)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,391 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Clint, what I said about caching is true, done the tests twice, what do you want screenshots?

"it holds quite a few keycomponents for both your setup and later components install."
Means that it has few key runtime files there, which XP has too, check it before you say anything.
And later means when you select Add Features from Control panel in Vista. Not during install.

Why are you attacking me, it's your ignorance not mine.
It's only matter of time until someone else does these tests properly and confirms it.

Remember I didn't say that readyboost DRIVER takes 100MB but that on full vista cache is 100MB smaller with Windows fully booted and ReadyBoost removed. Why would I say something like that out of the blue, I saw and confirmed it.

Take a deep breath, reread and then reply, these insults are very childish and stop "describing" me.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

Clint, what I said about caching is true, done the tests twice, what do you want screenshots?

"it holds quite a few keycomponents for both your setup and later components install."
Means that it has few key runtime files there, which XP has too, check it before you say anything.
And later means when you select Add Features from Control panel in Vista. Not during install.

Why are you attacking me, it's your ignorance not mine.
It's only matter of time until someone else does these tests properly and confirms it.

Remember I didn't say that readyboost DRIVER takes 100MB but that on full vista cache is 100MB smaller with Windows fully booted and ReadyBoost removed. Why would I say something like that out of the blue, I saw and confirmed it.

Take a deep breath, reread and then reply, these insults are very childish and stop "describing" me.

blabla bla bla blabla...you are still shooting air and protecting your hurted bloated ego.

??? ..so you are confirming my statement...or what??

There is no substance in what you are saying, you make no sense at all...

..take it like a man.
MSI X58M @222BCLK

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,391 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
I don't understand the word you just said.

here, take a look at the attachments since you are so closed minded...how can MS design it like that...uuu.

And for the future tests anyone does look at the free physical memory, I marked it on my test.
Removed ReadyBoost and SuperFetch, if you want separate tests again I'll be happy to.
This time it's 64bit vista with 1.5GB RAM.

Attached Files

• Attached File  full.png   315.36KB   108 downloads
  • Attached File  lite.png   296.84KB   95 downloads

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

@Clint
Why are you acting as the cocky know it all?

You keep pointing out how good you are, but when people ask for guidance, then you reply with "this is not the place". Why don't you really help in what we are trying to do instead of proving you are "superiour". We are all working in one way or the other towards the same goal and in this nuhi tries to provide a tool to assist us. How his methods are, I do not care as along as the result is up to par. For me this is the case and he can indeed be off sometimes. But he does not put neon-lights on his front page stating vLite will gaining 500% performance boost and memory usage will be 2 times less. Nobody's perfect, lets just try not to prove we are right, but try to have an healthy discussion on slimming down Windows Vista.

I can throw you a bone for now:
If you want to brand your install, a little word after the Vista version so that everyone knows you have done it: (look at mouse pointer)
Posted Image

How do do this:
Open install.wim with an Hexeditor
Start from the bottom of the file and scroll upwards until you see this area: (I have entered (.C.l.i.n.t.) there, just for show) :whistle:
Posted Image

...replace and save

:hello:
MSI X58M @222BCLK

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,391 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Are you serious? You are bragging that you know how to use imagex while dismissing the proof for what you spent my hours with your insults.

nuhi

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

Are you serious? You are bragging that you know how to use imagex while dismissing the proof for what you spent my hours with your insults.

I don't see any proof, just two screenshots from two different occasions.

Your word is somewhat biased here, so don't expect anyone to just buy that with a couple of dodgy screenies. :wacko:
MSI X58M @222BCLK

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,391 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Jesus...I'm off this topic, consider that however you want.

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
@Clint :D thanks for the laughs, what is next? How to use an HexEditor? This is not a bone this is 73 74 75 70 69 64 21 21 21

Weed

Weed

U got brainwashed from everyone since u can walk!!

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
here is another proof
with Vista x64, 1,2GB Ram
one with removed Superfetch and Readyboost other one Clean Vista

i know its easier to just point to a MS site and say: read and learn
no need to investigate ourself, just talkin and talkin bul*****

so please, just ignore Clints posts since he didnt know anything, just like to talk and nerv other ppls

but the proof is here :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  full.jpg   60.98KB   115 downloads
  • Attached File  lite.jpg   61.11KB   99 downloads

Edited by Weed, 22 January 2007 - 04:43 PM.

"No one knows our faces, no one knows our Names, we travel like a shadow across the Streets the City, with the target destroyin our Enemies, our Power to brace and in ones night to get the World domination"
"Humans doesnt search the truth, so we compare them like Animals."
"Anyone who dont use there brain and fight for his Freedom, they dont miss it anyway" The Illuminati

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
@weed thanks for the confirmation. Do note that without more memory in pagefile is used, so gain is not around ~250MB for you, but ~200MB.

Also I tried to disable Software Licensing, because it seems to only be required for ReadyBoost, however your control panel will not work without it (found out when accessing personalization from richt-click on desktop).

Edited by Jeronimo, 22 January 2007 - 11:07 PM.

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

@Clint :D thanks for the laughs, what is next? How to use an HexEditor? This is not a bone this is 73 74 75 70 69 64 21 21 21

I thought it was quite nice of me to tell you that one...oh well....you still amaze me. :wacko:
MSI X58M @222BCLK

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
@Clint, morning chap. Yeah you amaze me too. Changing the installation name through Hex edit seems more like geeking, then tweaking. Maybe I would be interested in this, when all the tweaking was done (is it ever).

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

here is another proof

so please, just ignore Clints posts since he didnt know anything, just like to talk and nerv other ppls

Man, you fanboys! :lol:

your snapshots are worth nothing...

Why are you trying to protect BS, brownnosing soemone who clearly is wrong won't get you anywhere...and he don't care either.

Now, I say this to both you and Nuhi:
If you do screenshots, take them DIRECTLY after boot!!

Why do you wait until 3min before you do it..? huh?

Nuhi did at least try to make them look alike, you are totally off though....if you compare the statusbar between thoose two you clearly see what you have been doing.

bah..

And I still wanna see that removing Readyboost alone will save 100MB in memoryusage...

here is another proof

are you serious?
You think posting a couple of dodgy snapshots is a more valid argument than referring to Microsofts own?...jeesas! :wacko:

...for some reason the ppl here with knowledge has choosen not to even bother to dig into this dispute...now why is that? :whistle:

Edited by Clint, 23 January 2007 - 12:05 AM.

MSI X58M @222BCLK

Clint

Clint

Go ahead, punk'

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 03-April 05

@Clint, morning chap. Yeah you amaze me too. Changing the installation name through Hex edit seems more like geeking, then tweaking. Maybe I would be interested in this, when all the tweaking was done (is it ever).

Well, to be honest it was more of a hint to Nuhi..he do put Vlite when you are using his app ;)

It sure is a geeky thing...mind you I said I put it there for you to see...ok?

Oh, and talking about geeky...using ASCII Hex to state "Stupid!!!" ..like you did...aint that the geekiest of all...haha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

...you ppl here.

Edited by Clint, 23 January 2007 - 12:25 AM.

MSI X58M @222BCLK

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
@Clint lets just say I wanted to level with you. Also I thought you were replying to me, see post 30

Edited by Jeronimo, 23 January 2007 - 01:16 AM.

Weed

Weed

U got brainwashed from everyone since u can walk!!

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03

Man, you fanboys! :lol:
Now, I say this to both you and Nuhi:
If you do screenshots, take them DIRECTLY after boot!!

Why do you wait until 3min before you do it..? huh?

Nuhi did at least try to make them look alike, you are totally off though....if you compare the statusbar between thoose two you clearly see what you have been doing.

hello ?? maybe it needs some time to load all the services ?? on my pc it takes more time then nuhi
the screens r DIRECTLY after boot, i havent do anything else...just waitin till system is in idle

And I still wanna see that removing Readyboost alone will save 100MB in memoryusage...

so u like again not to try urself and waitin for a proof which u dont believe anyway?? yey whats wrong with u??
we dont waste our time again

are you serious?
You think posting a couple of dodgy snapshots is a more valid argument than referring to Microsofts own?...jeesas! :wacko:

where r u livin ?
do u think u know anything if u read newspapers? u think u have gained knowledge if u watchin news ? if u think that, pls go ahead and try usin ur brain, it may be hard the first weeks
u dont know anything if u dont confirm this by investigate urself, try urself

...for some reason the ppl here with knowledge has choosen not to even bother to dig into this dispute...now why is that? :whistle:

i dont know why iam still here and read ur comments and writin an answer, its like we talkin to a wall since u r so fixed on your mind that u dont want to hear/ understand the truth or u know that u r wrong but dont want to admit, that would be awful now i know, so just continue talkin to "feel" good since u dont give up
and i dont think anyone tested this, so they CANT give there opinion, not like u just talkin

i dont care anymor if u believe us, we have now confirmed for ourself and other ppls...and thats the point
we have no reason to lie

PS. take it like a man

Edited by Weed, 23 January 2007 - 04:32 AM.

"No one knows our faces, no one knows our Names, we travel like a shadow across the Streets the City, with the target destroyin our Enemies, our Power to brace and in ones night to get the World domination"
"Humans doesnt search the truth, so we compare them like Animals."
"Anyone who dont use there brain and fight for his Freedom, they dont miss it anyway" The Illuminati

FnF

FnF
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 11-July 05

FnF, did you reboot at least once and look at the free physical memory in task manager?
Also how much RAM that machine had?

No, I haven't rebooted, just pressed "Stop Service"
RAM is 1GB and 4GB Pagefile.

So disabling both services with reboot should make up cache? Or should they be removed?

Edited by FnF, 23 January 2007 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users