Nlite: It's just like that?

manpower

Hi,,,

I'm asking what is nlite and its just to remove, integrated drivers , hotfix ext...

Many users build windows Called (SP3), with latest updates, drivers, Softwares..

The Installation of windows did not take time and very speedly. of cource they used Nlite as they said, So what is the trick to make installation of windows XP did not take time 12 Min. or less.

I did use Nlite and remove unwanted components but no different, so what to do...???

Well, there could be several reasons for that:

• You didn't remove all that much, or the components that you removed weren't all that big.
  • Your computer itself. If it's a low-end model, you might not see a noticeable difference.
  • Some of the guys who post those 'Lite' Windows packs also perform extra tweaks (besides nlite) to slim them down. I personally wouldn't even TRY them. Too risky.

Also, you can disable SFC under Options/Patches. Here's a pic:

post-110101-1169347682_thumb.jpg

This takes about 10 minutes off the installation time, give or take. ;)

Well, there could be several reasons for that:
  • You didn't remove all that much, or the components that you removed weren't all that big.
  • Your computer itself. If it's a low-end model, you might not see a noticeable difference.
  • Some of the guys who post those 'Lite' Windows packs also perform extra tweaks (besides nlite) to slim them down. I personally wouldn't even TRY them. Too risky.

Also, you can disable SFC under Options/Patches. Here's a pic:

post-110101-1169347682_thumb.jpg

This takes about 10 minutes off the installation time, give or take. ;)

Many thanks

i did all you said about removing components as much as i can and i am using P4 3.4 GHz Intel Ram 512, i think its not removing components or Computer speed coz i did no thing for component and all most same time with nlite..

i hope its clear