Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 2003 and XP multiboot cd

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Sunil

Sunil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 24-June 03
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of any guides out there that shows you how to create a windows 2k3 and xp multiboot cd, there are guides on windows 2000 and xp but not on 2K3 and Xp, please i fyou know of any please let me know....

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MSNwar

MSNwar

Its Time ...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Joined 23-December 01
Been looking around with no success. Did run across a nice utility that does it all for W2K and XP. Should work with W2K3 and XP unless the kernel has a different name and location. Have a look see at this:
BootIt Next Generation

What do you think?
MSNwar - The FatMan
My name is MSNwar and I am an MSFN Junkie.
Dual P3 800eb, UW-SCSI Trash, > Admin Killer <
Please Read the Forum Rules

Sunil

Sunil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 24-June 03
The program is an excellent find, muy excellent, but it does not allow me to put a copy of windows xp and windows 2003 onto one cd and then create a multiboot environment so that i can install them from the one cd..

Sunil

Sunil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 24-June 03
Ive heard of a tool called balder multiboot, but i can find a download anywhere, its supposed to be really good..

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
  • Joined 17-August 01

Ive heard of a tool called balder multiboot, but i can find a download anywhere, its supposed to be really good..

http://www.balder.ms/ :)

Sunil

Sunil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 24-June 03
Yea, I know the site but he's working on a new one and has taken the old one off his site, so thats a dead end...

MSNwar

MSNwar

Its Time ...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Joined 23-December 01
Well, if you do a little searching, pin-point the kernel and location, and rewrite the code on the BootIt disk you are in business. :rolleyes: Hey, you could have both installed by now mate. :)
MSNwar - The FatMan
My name is MSNwar and I am an MSFN Junkie.
Dual P3 800eb, UW-SCSI Trash, > Admin Killer <
Please Read the Forum Rules

Sunil

Sunil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 24-June 03
Ok, I will try that MSNwar.....

Numinous

Numinous

Supercalafragalistic XPalidosious

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Joined 30-September 03
suppose you could use hidden sessions .. not exactly sure how its done but you can create multiple iso's and join them using a copy ??.iso + ??.iso to ??.iso command.. like i say im not clued up on the subject :rolleyes: saying that im not sure microsofts super strict EULA allows two copies of windows on the same cd :)