pls; How can I get Remote Desktop with Vlite

hiim

I've installed vlite0.8 yesterday. And everything seem great for my first Vista tryout, but there are some problem I cannot solve:-

1)There is no Remote Desktop (mstsc.exe) and cannot set Remote Desktop Allowance, as well

2)I cannot access shared folders on others computer in Workgroup. It kepts asking for the password which I entered correctly, but couldn't do it.

Can anyone help me with those problem please.

hiim

Edited by hiim

I installed Business Edition, which should have Remote Desktop on it. I do try to set Remote desktop allowance in Control Panel -> System But it alert Missing 'SystemPropertiesRemote.exe'. I think that it has excluded from vlite. Right now I been searching for the file in the Net, still blank for it. It will be nice if you could send me the file, Please!

Thank man, Hiim

I spent 2 hours on this late this weekend.

Heres the long and short of it.

You can't get windows vista version of remote desktop working. It will torture you will its permissions structure, all of which I attempted to defeat, and it will still fail. What you need to do is the following.

1) Create a folder on your vista desktop called remote desktop or something similar.

2) Take a windows xp machine and copy these files from \windows\system32

mstsc.exe

mstscax.dll

into your remote desktop folder.

Run the executable (mstsc.exe). There you go.

Your on the XP version of remote desktop.

Morglum

• 2 weeks later...