Disk Defragmenter not working (evethough is installed)

brosenz

Hi, I just installed Vista and the Disk Defragmenter is NOT working, I have installed the following components:

- Drivers

- Display Adapters

- Ethernet Network Adapters

- Printers

- Sound Controllers

- Multimedia

- Wallpapers

- System

- Disk Defragmenter

- Super Fetch

Any ideas ?, maybe some dependance with some other module already removed ?, thanks

Should work, I'll test it later, if you find out first let me know, you could start with the new components, thx.

Hi, I checked with the command line defrag.exe and works, nonetheless when I try to run the "Disk Defragmenter" from the Start Menu ->.....-> System Tools It does NOTHING, I think something is wrong with the graphical version of defrag.exe, waiting for your comments, thanks

Checked it, it needs Task Scheduler.

If you remember the Defrag when it worked it has a tiny GUI with total focus on Task Scheduler so this outcome would be expected.

I'll check if maybe some tweak would allow it to run without Task Scheduler but until then keep it while making the ISO.

Checked it, it needs Task Scheduler.

If you remember the Defrag when it worked it has a tiny GUI with total focus on Task Scheduler so this outcome would be expected.

I'll check if maybe some tweak would allow it to run without Task Scheduler but until then keep it while making the ISO.

Thanks, there is a way to add task scheduler without re-installing everyting egain ?, I already acticated windows vista, thanks

I don't know, never tried. Next time use Virtual machines to do testing before real install. If I find the dependency I'll report to you, otherwise it will be just a dependency.

I don't know, never tried. Next time use Virtual machines to do testing before real install. If I find the dependency I'll report to you, otherwise it will be just a dependency.

Thanks, I am using Virtual Machines (VMWare), but I had to Activate them also