Integrating Internet Explorer 7 should be the last thing you do.
Before reading any further, download the following:
- Install and open nLite, click next
- Point it to your source and click next x 3
- Select Hotfixes and Update Packs and click next
- Click insert and locate Internet Explorer 7 (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe)
- Click next to begin the integration process
- Once it completes, nLite will exit
- Open nLite again and follow steps 1, 2 and 3
- Click insert and add both KB929969 and KB928090 (the order is unimportant)
- Click next to begin integration
- That's it, you're all done.
This will result in update KB928090 and KB929969 showing in Windows Update, to resolve this I copy iernonce.dll from KB928090 to '$OEM$\$$\System32\ie7\' and run the following batch file after installation completes and the machine reboots (there are various ways to automate the execution of this code):
@echo off REM Replacing old iernonce.dll with latest version REM --------------------------------------------------------- regsvr32 /s /u iernonce.dll DEL "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\iernonce.dll" XCOPY "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\ie7\iernonce.dll" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\" regsvr32 /s /i iernonce.dll RD /S /Q %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\ie7\ EXIT
The above code replaces the older iernonce.dll that fixes RunOnceEx with the newer version found in KB928090.
Another side effect of integrating Internet Explorer 7 is the loss of the 'Show Desktop' icon on all user accounts not created during setup. To restore this icon, execute the following:
regsvr32 /s /n /i:U shell32
In some cases you will need to log off and back in again before the 'Show Desktop' icon reappears.
Number of downloads: 218
This post has been edited by just_laze: 10 March 2007 - 01:53 PM