Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Terminal Services missing...system even notifications.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04
Hello:

Thank you so much for a brilliant tool! I just noticed in the event viewer that the Service Control Manager is pinging the Terminal Service every ten minutes and coming up with an error.

"Registering with Service Control Manager to monitor Terminal Service status failed with The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
, retry in ten minute."

I am guessing this is because I removed remote desktop in my Vlite install. I suppose it's no big deal, but those ugly red blotches in the event viewer bug me. Is there a way I can stop the Service Control Manager from babysitting Terminal Services?

Thanks!

CF

Edited by Bilar Crais, 31 January 2007 - 12:45 AM.

Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,360 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
I was looking at that while removing Remote Desktop and no luck. Since it's harmless and only annoying I decided to leave the removal since the component alone is more annoying than the message. But I too can't wait to nail that annoyance. So if anyone finds the tweak to turn that off let me know.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

JodyT

JodyT

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 05-April 11

Oft in the future here...lol.  What I ended up doing was extracting termserv.dll and termserv.dll.mui from the Install.wim package on the original Vista DVD-ROM.  I placed termserv.dll in \windows\system32 and termserv.dll.mui in \windows\system32\en-us.  I was now able to disable the service in the services applet.

The notifications are gone...!

Jonny5isalivetm

Jonny5isalivetm

• 14 posts
  • Joined 17-May 08

Dear JodyT your efforts are not in vain as another Vista fan here :D I did what you did but I still do not have Terminal Services service what else did you do ?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN