Windows Update Setup Program

Ages ago i started a topic on windows update setup for all your apps, now some of you didnt quite understand it, so i thought i would write a little program to help you

Download Here If the download link does not work, right click the link and click, save target as...

The program is really easy to use, in the command textbox type your command ie: C:\Sample\App\HelloWorld.exe /s {dont worry about the double slash (\\) the program will do that for you}

In the caption textbox type the caption you would like to appear on the windows update form ie: Hello World

then click add, when you have finished adding all the items you want, click the preview button, a new form will appear this is where you get the chance to have a look at the reg file before it is created, if you are happy with it click save, a new folder will be created for you called WU_Setup (this folder will appear in the same directory as where you saved the app) inside this folder you will see 3 files Cmdlines.txt, Setup.cmd and Setup.reg now these files are all set for windows update, you can edit the setup.cmd file to add additional commands but Leave the line for setup.reg alone instructructions from here will appear in a messagebox on your screen

If you are not happy, click edit, make the changes you want to then click save

Its a nice little program, i can see you've spent alot of time on it, but personally, i think you are waisting your time making it though. Don't get me wrong, im not trying to be mean or anything, its just that people already have a program that creates a winnt.sif file, and now it creates a registry hack file for them too. It just seems that your time is being waisted on developing something that already exists. Perhaps you should concentrate your efforts into a new program that elemenates a different difficult process. I'm sure the MSFN community will thank you :)

Hi, I'm having a problem actually getting the program to run. I get the following error message:

Run-time Error '429':

ActiveX component can't create object.

I'm running Windows 2000 SP4