Vista Install in few minutes

N1K

Man... really bugs me with all this Vista-bashing. Microsoft takes a long time to release a new OS, and people complain. Microsoft releases something that's significantly different (but in many ways an improvement) than XP, and people complain. Did anyone really complain that much when Apple released OSX? That was even more of a jump than XP to Vista. :realmad:

Oh - and as for spotlight, Microsoft was the first one to present the idea of an integrated instant search in their Longhorn previews. Apple was just the first to get it to market.

And for those people who are comparing the performance of XP to Vista side by side - do the same thing with 2000 and XP. No version of Windows has been faster than it's predecessor on the same hardware. Stability is a totally different concern though.

Sorry for killing the joke, but people who post those kinds of videos need to get real. GAH!!! *rips out hair*

Man... really bugs me with all this Vista-bashing. Microsoft takes a long time to release a new OS, and people complain. Microsoft releases something that's significantly different (but in many ways an improvement) than XP, and people complain. Did anyone really complain that much when Apple released OSX? That was even more of a jump than XP to Vista. :realmad:

Oh - and as for spotlight, Microsoft was the first one to present the idea of an integrated instant search in their Longhorn previews. Apple was just the first to get it to market.

And for those people who are comparing the performance of XP to Vista side by side - do the same thing with 2000 and XP. No version of Windows has been faster than it's predecessor on the same hardware. Stability is a totally different concern though.

Sorry for killing the joke, but people who post those kinds of videos need to get real. GAH!!! *rips out hair*

Did you read about the Mac user and former employee abandoned Mac for Vista?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16873608/

No worries, I'm sure he still has the key and since he opened a new package, he obviously has more than one Vista CD. I would have been frustrated also but I would think I would give finding the problem a try. He said he was trying to install to a new computer and I would assume he was installing to a completely built unit. I do the same thing but if I run into a problem, I backtrack and start from the bare minimum to see what might be the problem. Nahhhh, it's easier to just put the fault on MS.

DL