Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

floppy instalation failed in 64 bit

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jwesley44

jwesley44

• 22 posts
CAUSE
This problem occurs on disks that do not contain a media descriptor byte in the BIOS parameter block (BPB) of the boot sector. Some older preformatted floppy disks do not contain a media descriptor byte. Older product disks may also not have the media descriptor byte.
this cause and solution can be found here >> http://support.micro...kb/140060/en-us
this is over my head , could someone please explain it to me in a way i can understand .
do i need 64 bit driver for my floppy ? every indication says my floppy is working fine , but this is not the case .

this is what i have .

ASUS MOTHERBOARD. SOCKET 939 FOR AMD CPU NVIDIA nFORCE 4 SLI. SUPPORTS DUEL PCI-e VGA CARDS. ANVANCED OVERCLOCKING FEATURES.
AMD ATHLON 64 DUEL-CORE PROCESSOR 4400 PLUS 2.21 GHz 1 GB RAM .
RAIDMAX RX-630A ATX12V/ EPS12V 630W Power Supply 115/230 V CB, IEC, TUV, UL, CSA
MAXTOR HARD DRIVE. SATA ULTRA 16 250 GB 7200 RPM ATA 150 16 MB CACHE.( NVIDIA eGeFORCE 6600 GT. GRAPHICS CARD
WIN : XP PRO. 64 Operating System

THANKS Johnny
ASUS SOCKET 939 A8NSLI DELUXE
AMD ATHLON X2 64 DUEL-CORE 4400 + 2.21 GHz 2 GB RAM
Maxtor Sata Hard Drive x Two 250 GB and 1 TB
Rocketfish 700 W Power Supply
GTX GForce 260 GPU
Hauppauge Win TV HVR - 1800
Creative SoundBlaster SE. 7.1 Model # SBO570
Vista Ultimate 64 BIT OS

Favorite Saying : If it's not broke , Fix it till it is !

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

S.SubZero

S.SubZero

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
It's not a driver problem.

When a floppy disk is formatted, it has a piece of information put at the beginning of the disk. Older disks may not have this piece of information, and therefore XP64 can't properly read the disk. This actually goes all the way back to NT4, and probably 3.51.

http://www.jsifaq.co...ip.aspx?id=1861

Are you trying to read very old disks? They may just have gone bad if they are very old. I haven't owned a floppy drive in about 10 years, and I remember even then alot of disks I had were unreadable or had errors.

(floppy drives in 2007.. amazing)

jwesley44

jwesley44

• 22 posts
I found out what the real problem was . the end of the ribbon that attaches to the motherboard from the floppy was on backwards . also i take too many perscription drugs . B)
ASUS SOCKET 939 A8NSLI DELUXE
AMD ATHLON X2 64 DUEL-CORE 4400 + 2.21 GHz 2 GB RAM
Maxtor Sata Hard Drive x Two 250 GB and 1 TB
Rocketfish 700 W Power Supply
GTX GForce 260 GPU
Hauppauge Win TV HVR - 1800
Creative SoundBlaster SE. 7.1 Model # SBO570
Vista Ultimate 64 BIT OS

Favorite Saying : If it's not broke , Fix it till it is !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN