Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack

Tihiy

tihiy, when i trie to regsvr the new rpl2k.dll, it gives a message that it is corrupt or something, and that i might consider to use pview to check that.

did you make a change in that?

the first gives no problem...

any ideas?

damian666

Yes, as i said i've removed installer routines from DLL to make it a bit smaller.

You'll have to do 3 things yourself:

0) Copy rpl2k.dll into \windows\system32 [i think you may use replacer to be sure]. It is wise to keep it in that directory to be compatible with RP.

1) Add it into AppInit_DLLs key.

2) Set Shell Icon BPP to 32.

256k tweaked did it! thanks a lot. this system is actually my main, and now it looks great.

i had some trouble copying it, could someone post the exact way to use CMD to replace the file? i ended up putting the drive in my XP computer and switching there.

too bad i can't hide inactive icons though...

would integrating the explorer.exe from XP make a difference? i mean how possible would it be?

Found another bug: XNview's toolbar is completely messed up after patch installation (and no, 32bitimgl file has nothing to do with it). My version is 1.82.4

You're right, it's terrible. Thx for finding this.

I'll fix it in 2.02.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/bon.../screenshot.jpg

i want to thank everyones input on the fixes for windows 2000, thats a combination of 256k color fix, revolution pack and Transparency.

the effects of all of it can be show, and i think it looks great. maybe if theres a way to replace the Removable Device, Audio and Internet Connection icons in the future it'll look even better than it is.

also, does anyone know if theres a program to change the 2000 bootscreen? thats another think i like to customize with my installations.

other than that i'm satisfied completely. i think that if you can't run XP well on a system and you go to windows 2k, these programs should be a must have.

Tihiy is there any way to enable 32bit imagelists in control panel applets? I thought rundll32.exe.32bitimgl would do the trick but it doesn't.

.32bitimgl hack is limited by design.

Do you really need it much? I can patch any of them if you insist.