Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

when i try to install it, it said: "error fooling WFP!"
what should i do?

my computer is windows 2000 sp4

THX.

My PC has same problem, although I tried install it in safe mode.
and setuprp.exe doesn't recover the comdlg32.dll backed up, when failure to patch.
And we must rename from comdlg32.bak. :blink:
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
BlackWingCat =^^=
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 678 posts
well, to be honest with you guys... this program is kinda dead nowadays...
i dont think tihiy will even support it anymore.

we have to wait patiently for deadalus to hit the world in her face.

Damian666
Posted Image

Defiance665

Defiance665
  • 1 posts
About 5 minutes after in installed 2.20 my computer crashed to blue screen, i tried a restart and i got the message "invalid boot disk" now i have to reinstall... :(

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 678 posts
what do you mean man? the vistapack or revolutions pack?
there si a big difference man, and if its the 2.2 of the vistapack...
thats old man.

wait a few days, next version is almost done

and if you mean the revolutions pack, creator does not give help anymore man :(

Damian666

p.s. invalid bootdisc? thats no normal error dude, sure there is no other problem?

Edited by damian666, 15 June 2008 - 03:32 AM.

Posted Image

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
Posted Image
Windows2000 Revolutions Pack's Bug

The SetupRP.exe sometimes creates two 230MB files (it isn't right PE image.)
If you don't have enough disk space. it may be come blue screen.
We must take care about existance normal comdlg32.dll in system32 before reboot Windows.

I desire to solve this problem.

About 5 minutes after in installed 2.20 my computer crashed to blue screen, i tried a restart and i got the message "invalid boot disk" now i have to reinstall... :(

BlackWingCat =^^=
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/

Meados

Meados

• 29 posts
Seems very nice! Thanks. ;)

ccl0

ccl0

• PipPip
  • 243 posts
cool

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
Tihiy, if you're not developing this any more, would you mind opening the source so someone else could pick it up? Pretty please?

Dave.Net

Dave.Net

• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Tihiy, if you're not developing this any more, would you mind opening the source so someone else could pick it up? Pretty please?

I'm afraid he lost the source code long ago and that's why this project is dead. :(

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 678 posts
well... maybe we can reverse enginere it, with the ok from tihiy ofcourse

that would be ok right?

Damian666
Posted Image

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Donator

You won't be able to reverse engineer it, no tool will help you since the compiler is carp.
I have the old sources (for DLL only), and i know what bug is causing imagelist color bugs. But i have no intention to continue this project, and no one wants to. There is Daedalus project on WinPrj by alexanrs/others which provides 32-bit icons.

Dave-H

Dave-H

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 812 posts
I've just found this Win2K Revolutions Pack, and have been trying to get it to work.
So far I've had no success.
:no:
I am running in 32bit colour on a Radeon 9200 card.

When I unzip the downloaded file, what folder am I supposed to unzip it to?
I've tried a temporary folder, and the system32 folder.
Wherever I put it, when I run the setup file and reboot, I then have no icons (or taskbar) at all, just a blank desktop with the mouse cursor on it!
Booting into Safe Mode produces the same result.
The only way I can fix it is to rename the RPL2K.DLL and then it comes good.
I then have to uninstall RP.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
The instructions are a bit vague............
Thanks, Dave.
:)

Dual boot Windows 98SE SP2.1a and Windows XP Professional SP3.
Dual 3.2GHz Xeons with 4GB RAM. ATI Radeon X850 Graphics 1920x1080 32 Bit Colour with Large Fonts.

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,682 posts

Donator

You won't be able to reverse engineer it, no tool will help you since the compiler is carp.
I have the old sources (for DLL only), and i know what bug is causing imagelist color bugs. But i have no intention to continue this project, and no one wants to. There is Daedalus project on WinPrj by alexanrs/others which provides 32-bit icons.

Should we de-sticky this topic then? Thanks for all the hard work!

Colonel O'Neill

Colonel O'Neill

• PipPip
  • 256 posts
I don't think it should be unstickied, not just yet...

Daedalus is not as versatile as RPL2K. RPL2K is imho a rock solid program.

-----------------
Second part of my post...

Tihiy, if you remember at all, what conditions cause icons to revert to 16 (4-bit) colours?
- Active Desktop
- NetMeeting Remote Desktop

My icons are returning to 4-bit every restart, but is remedied by a TweakUI icon cache repair.
T400: 7x86
X100e: 7x86, 2008R2 (in progress), 2000 (in progress).

marxo

marxo

UI Designer

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

But i have no intention to continue this project, and no one wants to.

Tihiy has no intention of continuing development nor providing further support for this projects, therefore it is pointless for this topic to stay sticky. The only thing Daedalus doesn't provide and RPL2K is BrowseUI.dll patching. I don't see versatility in that really.

Posted Image
You don't wanna click there.

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 678 posts
agreed, and unstickied.

Damian666
Posted Image

Colonel O'Neill

Colonel O'Neill

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Tihiy has no intention of continuing development nor providing further support for this projects, therefore it is pointless for this topic to stay sticky. The only thing Daedalus doesn't provide and RPL2K is BrowseUI.dll patching. I don't see versatility in that really.

I meant versatile as in handling ICO files better than Daedalus (which leaves me with 24-bit and sort of defeats the purpose). ("32-bit icons don't seem to get extracted from ICO files, just EXEs and DLLs (no idea why)")

Granted, Daedalus will probably replace RPL2K eventually, assuming development on it is still somewhat active. ("this project has been a closed one for quite some time")

So for a bit of reference, maybe the last version of the file itself should be safely kept somewhere on the site? (This is the last refuge I found for it.)
T400: 7x86
X100e: 7x86, 2008R2 (in progress), 2000 (in progress).

marxo

marxo

UI Designer

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

I meant versatile as in handling ICO files better than Daedalus (which leaves me with 24-bit and sort of defeats the purpose). ("32-bit icons don't seem to get extracted from ICO files, just EXEs and DLLs (no idea why)")

Granted, Daedalus will probably replace RPL2K eventually, assuming development on it is still somewhat active. ("this project has been a closed one for quite some time")

So for a bit of reference, maybe the last version of the file itself should be safely kept somewhere on the site? (This is the last refuge I found for it.)

Yea, Daedalus will eventually have better handling of the .ico format, and I agree, it's a very significant part of the whole experience.

The project is still active, the line "this project has been a closed one for quite some time" actually means that we have been developing it privately, which you can see by looking in the log of changes and the post date, the first version was compiled on 8th of March, while Daedalus was published on 30th of December, so Alex has been trying to fix everything that needs fixing, slowly, and I think that will be the case in the future.

The latest version is in the official post, and I am sure that Daedalus will still be avaliable, even if the development stops some day.

Posted Image
You don't wanna click there.

erpdude8

erpdude8

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

The project is still active, the line "this project has been a closed one for quite some time" actually means that we have been developing it privately, which you can see by looking in the log of changes and the post date, the first version was compiled on 8th of March, while Daedalus was published on 30th of December, so Alex has been trying to fix everything that needs fixing, slowly, and I think that will be the case in the future.

The latest version is in the official post, and I am sure that Daedalus will still be avaliable, even if the development stops some day.

the web site that was supposed to host the Daedalus project is dead (or perhaps has moved to another site I dont know about). link to the page now shows a blank page. main site shows "database error" message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN