.0gg TO .Mp3 converter

Nerwin

BonkEnc :)

http://www.bonkenc.org/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonkenc/

BonkEnc is a CD ripper, audio encoder and converter for various formats. It can produce MP3, MP4 / M4A, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Bonk and FLAC files. BonkEnc supports freedb protocol level 6 (Unicode), CDText and ID3v2 tags and is available in several languages.

BonkEnc.png

I use ogg drop via Nero Wave editor.

It is fast and easy way to convert any Ogg audio file into Wav. I don't know about any other file types but

Ogg drop is fast and easy for ogg to wav. Afterwards I use Nero Wave editor ( which is included with Nero5 ) and then save the wav as a mp3.

I wish there was a editor that could learn how to encode and read various audio files without being built in.

• 2 months later...

Winamp, drop the files to wav then use iTunes to convert to w/e format you want. I'd go with MP3 @ 192Kbps.

Supposing the OGG files are above 192Kbps, the quality loss should be very minimal because of how OGG vorbis encodes the audio. It's much different than MP3 and can produce very high quality sound at the same bitrates as MP3. 64Kbps VBR OGG Vorbis is 10 times better than MP3 at 64Kbps.

If the source OGG files are somewhere around 200Kbps - 300Kbps, dropping them to 192Kbps MP3 won't produce bad quality. I encode MP3 @ 320Kbps down to 128Kbps and it sounds just fine to me. But thats my ears, so perhaps theres a difference for you, but I doubt it'll be that bad.

Anyway, good luck with it :D