Registy Error

Matt

when i boot up xp crashes EVERY time, so i do the f8 start up thing and go into last known good config, system boots, scandisk runs and its about to get into windows and i get a registry error saying something something something/SOFTWARE is corruft or some stuff like that, in the blue screen, so i run scanreg scandisk everything i can think of, reboot and i get this blue screen EVERY time... anyknoe know how to fix this?

U need to give us more info as to what it is that is corrupt, but u can try and repair xp using the boot disks or if u have a bootable copy of xp.

If its a message like this:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: WindowsSystem32ConfigSystem.ced"?

check ur System registry hive......as it can cause problems if it is missing or corrupt and can be repaired by running the repair function of xp

Registry errors? ewwwww....

What was the last software you installed before these errors started happening? If you think you know of the application causing it, then try to get into Windows somehow and uninstall it. If that fails, then you might have to boot from the Windows XP CD and run the Automated System Recovery (F2) (Did you create the 2 ASR disks in the Backup Program in XP?)