Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

how to Change the default ...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ALSAHM

ALSAHM
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 07-December 06
hi

how to Change the default new folder name in winxp?

i want change default folder name from new folder to my file (only example) when windows started

edit shell32 ? or what?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ALSAHM

ALSAHM
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 07-December 06
what ? no answer

ALSAHM

ALSAHM
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 07-December 06
no answer :wacko:

impossible

tarek47v

tarek47v
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-September 08
:whistle: EASY MAN!

Go to Google, and search for "Resource Hacker"
Run the program and open Shell32.dll in "X:\Windows\System32 \" ,where X refers your System Drive.

Navigate to: Strings\ 1896\ 1030

You will find in the right pane “New Folder”. Change to “ALSAHM” or "Confidencial" or "AKRAM", whatever you like!

Choose "Compile Script" from the Menu. Save it as shell32.dll in the desktop, but beware of saving it in "x:\windows\system32"

Go to Google, and search for "Replacer"
Run the program, drag Shell32.dll in "X:\Windows\System32 \" and drop it on Replacer's window, then press enter.
Drag the Shell32.dll that you saved in the desktop and drop it on "Replacer's window and press enter.
The Replacer will prompt you to agree, press y then press enter.

Restart your pc to see changes.

Best Wishes

I got these steps from "riteshhowto.wordpress.com" under an article titled "Rename New Folder".

I found that website after 4 hours of searching! Now I will Spread the INFORMATION, so do you!

Tarek!

MillenX

MillenX

• PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Joined 17-December 07
wow! supercalifragilisticexpialidociously passionate interest in computer knowledge, enthusiastic helping chap, ardent-fervent supporter of MSFN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users