Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Why do I get this error message in German?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
I'm trying to flash my BIOS using my USB stick and if I set it to being the first device to reboot, I get this error message:

"Ungueltiges System
Datentraeger wechseln und Taste druechken"

What does that mean?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bonestonne

bonestonne

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
Invalid system Data media change and key ___________

the last word...i dunno...i've never seen that before.

are you actually able to boot from the USB device? it might not be recognizing it with a set name.

Edited by bonestonne, 21 February 2007 - 09:30 PM.

New Machine:
|Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620--Xigmatek SD1283 DK-II x2|Asus Z9PA-D8--HR-55 IFX|Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD SATA3|32gb DDR3-1600 ECC RDIMM|WD Blue 640GB SATA2 x2|Apple Slim Keyboard|Apple Mighty Mouse|nVidia GTX660ti 2GB|Antec HCG-750|NZXT Source 210 Elite|M-Audio ProFire 2626|Art TubeOpto8 with Smooth Plate Tube Swap|Avid Artist Mix x2|Acer S211 HL-BD x2|

Old Machine:
||Core 2 Quad Q9400||Scythe Ninja||MSI Neo P45||Thermalright HR-05||M-Audio ProFire 2626||Cooler Master Elite 330||
||Apple Mighty Mouse||150GB WD Raptor HDD||640GB WD Blue||HL DVD+/-RW||nVidia GTX260||
||8GB DDR2-800 Dual Channel||Corsair 400CW PSU||Dell basic USB KB||150GB WD Raptor||2x 22" LCD||
||Boston Acoustic mains + Creative sub||Innovation Cooling Diamond 7 TIM||

ABlaeser

ABlaeser
  • 1 posts

Invalid system Data media change and key ___________

the last word...i dunno...i've never seen that before.

the last word is "druecken", meaning "press" ("Taste druecken" = press a key).
The BIOS seems to not recognize your USB stick as a boot device.
Some (i believe older) USB devices arenĀ“t capable of acting as a boot device. You might try to format it within Windows (in FAT and there is an option to use it as a boot device) and try again to boot up with that stick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN