Signature Question

The008

Hello!

I read the rule about signatures ("5. Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb. Flash and animated signatures and avatars are not permitted. You can enter max 4 lines of text in signature or signature image"), but I'm unsure if I can use my actual sig (it's 350x20 pixels) - I'm planning on changing it to a 300x100 image) - but I would like to use 2 images (one is 350x20 [actual] and the other is 300x100). Both images together sizes less tha 20kb (it's 15.77kb).

Thanks for your patient.

by

Victor Lima de Andrade

I'm sure that it means, the total size of the image must not exceed 300 X 100 pixels which is 30000 pixels in total.

I do not think that the image can exceed 4 lines of text in height though. You may want to PM a moderator about it though.

The absolute maximum dimensions of the images in your signature cannot exceed 300x100 pixels, regardless of the number of images you use. The total size must also not exceed 80KB. Also, if your images total 30000 pixels squared in area, and your dimensions are something like 200x150 pixels, this is not acceptable.

@The008: I suggest you remove your signature until it is fixed, otherwise, it will be flagged and removed.

well as I calculated I could not use the images I wanted together, so I decided to use only one 300x100 pixels that will fit all the 30000 pixels in area, right?

Thanks for your attention guys!

BTW, gamehead200, if I have an image of 250x150 pixels it would result 30000 pixels too, so why isn't it acceptable?

Bye

BTW, gamehead200, if I have an image of 250x150 pixels it would result 30000 pixels too, so why isn't it acceptable?

Bye

If your image is 250x150 and 30kb, you exceeded by 50 pixels in 100 pix height (from 300x100).

Another example is 301x50 and 50 bytes, it will break Rule 5. It, again, exceeds width by 1 pixel.

How do I know? Go ask Tarun :whistle: .

Edited by mau-yong

If I understand correctly, Camarade_Tux, no you cannot. This is not a question of area, just width and height.

The total width of the image in your post must not exceed 300 pixels

The total height of the image in your post must not exceed 100 pixels

My interpretation also, is that you can have three images of 100 pixels width 100 pixels height all side by side. You cannot however even have a single pixel between them, their totals are cumulative.

i.e 100 px image width + 1 px spacer + 100 px width + 1 px spacer + 100 px image width = 302 px (not allowed)

If I understand correctly, Camarade_Tux, no you cannot. This is not a question of area, just width and height.

The total width of the image in your post must not exceed 300 pixels

The total height of the image in your post must not exceed 100 pixels

My interpretation also, is that you can have three images of 100 pixels width 100 pixels height all side by side. You cannot however even have a single pixel between them, their totals are cumulative.

i.e 100 px image width + 1 px spacer + 100 px width + 1 px spacer + 100 px image width = 302 px (not allowed)

Exactly! ;)