Rename Administrator and Auto-Logon options

Ivan Ivanov

Once upon a time, in earlier nLite versions, there were options like

"Rename Administrator account to [........]"

and

"Auto-logon as administrator"

They did work together, i.e. I could rename Administrator, say, to A##hole and log on as such automatically.

Yet I cannot find them in 1.3rc2. Are they moved to some obscure place? Are they dependent upon other options? Or are they deliberately removed? If so - why?

So you mean that built-in accounts may also be renamed as desired at that stage?

BTW, there is a common problem that all your dialog windows do not account for various screen resolutions. You write and test everything at standard 96 DPI screen; I use 120 DPI, aka "large fonts" (not to mention greater values, which ar econsidered as custom), and a lot of text don't fit into the window. I have to reconfigure and restart my system just to read it.

Finally, I have 3 users on my system: the default Administrator, Guest, and the third is admin defined during installation. Whenever I set AutoAdminLogon=1 in Registry, it has no effect and is set back 0 after logon. What is missing?

2 small autologon issues:

autologon password in nLite 1.3 rc2: when entering an autologon password with "+-" in it, the password gets truncated from the "+" on ...

and entering "0" for an infinite number of autologons apparently does only 1 autologon?

Thanks for your very nice tool !