Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

IE7 integration and DOS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dread

dread

• Members
  • 41 posts
I know if you integrate IE7 you cannot install Windows XP from your harddrive. ADMPARSE.DLL.MUI and other files with filenames that are to long will prevent harddrive installations. Is there a work around for it? Any suggestions? I ran HFSLIP to integrate IE7 and HFSLIP does not have that file listed in the I386 directory. What is the difference between how nlite integrates IE7 and how HFSLIP integrates IE7? HFSLIP should be able to overcome the file length problem but it will not work with ryanvm xp sp2 update pack.

Edited by dread, 25 February 2007 - 09:16 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & vLite human.dll

• Developers
  • 4,319 posts
Only winnt.exe method will have this issue, is it so hard to boot from a CD or run the setup with winnt32 from another Windows.

Madhits45

Madhits45

MSFN Indulger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
Nuhi- No offense but its hella faster to install from HD. I believe last time I did it it was almost 2x faster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN