NT4 Visual Update 3 Release Candidate 1

awergh

do you mean the ie4 shell update, well i havent aimed it at that but i could do that, i just thought most people avoided web intergration in nt4

Is that possible ?

do you mean design a it so that you can have the ie4 shell update installed

I wont do that in the current version but i can in the next if you want it

Anyway i decided to release Version 1.00 i dont think i tested it as much as i should have though but anyway

NT4 Visual Update 1.00

Fixes:

Fixed some of the Copying AVI dialogs

Features:

Much Smaller Size

File Patching including Explorer, CPls, IEdlls etc

Added some more icons here and there

Concerns:

There are a lot of files in the archive just a warning

and I forget to make the archive into a self extractor so it is just a 7z file and i didnt want to upload it again so hopefully you can open it

Download 3.8MB

http://www.divshare.com/download/563000-8ec

Future Versions

NT4 Visual Update 2.xx Series

Im no longer restricting myself to XP icons Vista is going to be my primary source.

Features:

Newer icons

Newer AVIs

Newer Bitmaps

Support for NT4 Terminal Server

Support for IE4 Shell Update

Fixes:

Better installer or atleast better installation structure

I will try to patch every icon, AVI and Bitmap i can find

And with TM0d's help I can include files without the 16 Colour Icon Limitations

Also TM0d has been doing some other proper Bitmaps to replace my attempts to copy the XP Logon Dialog

Edited by awergh

And with TM0d's help I can include files without the 16 Colour Icon Limitations

Also TM0d has been doing some other proper Bitmaps to replace my attempts to copy the XP Logon Dialog

That's interesting.

well i dont know how many 16 colour limitations TM0d will be able to overcome but he overcame the 16 colour limitation in explorer.exe for the systray

• 2 weeks later...
it doesn't look like a "Visual Update", it just looks like a poorly ripped set of XP resources on an old older OS.

U cannot say something like that... Man tries and works and those icons are not poorly ripped it the OS that doesn't have 32-bit icon support... So u should do something first other then remembering Windows Neptune....

Cry?

Nice effort, but you fail.

Just reminds me of those Calmira things for Windows 3.1.

I might give this a go at some point, if I can find a copy of NT4 lying around.

That's a really encouraging thing to say. :rolleyes:

awergh, good job on this. Keep up the good work on it man. Glad to see someone is finally shifting focus to Windows NT :)

Well no offence but it doesn't look like a "Visual Update", it just looks like a poorly ripped set of XP resources on an old older OS. The icons don't match the window appearance, neither do the replacement dialog resources, etc. Everything just looks jumbled and mis-matched like Windows Neptune.

Nice effort, but needs a more discerning eye to pull something like this off.

Cry?

If you'd like to provide something constructive to this conversation, like being that "discerning eye" to add value, please do (I'm sure help on this project isn't frowned upon). However, if you simply want to bash, take it somewhere else on the 'net where that sort of thing isn't frowned upon, because it's against the rules here. Relevant forum rule:

Welcome to the Microsoft Software Forum Network! You have chosen to join one of the best and fast-growing forums on the Internet dealing with everything related to Microsoft. We started as a small group back in Aug. of 2001 and have grown to be one of the most knowledgeable forums around. We hope you stay a while and share your XPeriences with others as we have.

Below are some guidelines that will keep you out of trouble here.

» Posting Guidelines

7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.

awergh, don't get discouraged by those who only know how to criticize others (but don't know s*** about doing anything themselves hehe).

Youre doing great job from what I see on your screencaps, and even though I'm not XP or Vista icons fan, I do appreciate the fact you at least try to DO IT.

PS

Im trying to solve 'the riddle' of high color icons that most of the time disappear after shell update (I reinstalled quite few times NT4 on the same test machine, installed SP6 /postSP6/drivers/and did few settings and 9 out of 10 I loose the original high color icons when installing IE6 with shell update, but few times somehow they stayed there after shell update and its driving me nuts not to know what causes this ;) )

Maybe you know anything about it? :D

Edited by no1none