New User Profile Hive Cleanup

glentium

Thanks, glentium.

@S3pHiroTh: KB932590 is not a cumulative update nor is it a public hotfix. Therefore, it does not replace any prior update. In addition, it only applies if you need to run applications using the TZ environment variable.

Since it has not been released for public download, I doubt that it is necessary for most users.

@Glentium

Still the same: version 1.6d released April 27, 2005.

This is about the third or fourth time. I don't know what's going on there...

TC, I've noticed that your dynamic (Win2K) page no longer includes the User Profile Hive Cleanup option, but that it's still on your recommended list. The Fix 127GB barrier of Windows setup is a fairly new option - adding reg.exe in HFTOOLS (described as [load hives]). Was UPHClean replaced with something?

I have seen Microsoft recycle stuff before. I wonder if this is just their way of pushing packages/updates that they want folks to install for problem solving issues - it might keep this in front of people.

I stand corrected regarding KB932590. Microsoft has just made it available.

FIX: Windows-based applications that use the TZ environment variable may not work as expected because of changes to DST

However, as the Knowledge Base article states, it still does not replace any previous updates.

Edited by Super-Magician

@Glentium

Still the same: version 1.6d released April 27, 2005.

This is about the third or fourth time. I don't know what's going on there...

TC, I've noticed that your dynamic (Win2K) page no longer includes the User Profile Hive Cleanup option, but that it's still on your recommended list. The Fix 127GB barrier of Windows setup is a fairly new option - adding reg.exe in HFTOOLS (described as [load hives]). Was UPHClean replaced with something?

BUMP:

Tomcat76, are you now placing the Hive Cleanup msi in the HFSVCPACK_SW folder? I think you used to include it in HF, but that might have changed with newer (post 1.2.2) versions. TommyP's basic how to indicates: most MSI files are to be placed in HFSVCPACK_SW.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I just didn't get around to coding the HFSVCPACK_SW and HFGUIRUNONCE switchers on the web pages yet. Will do that when I have the time... :)

TC, thanks for the update :yes:

I know it's a lot of work to maintain your dynamic pages.