Free Large File hosting: the good and the bad...

soporific

that's why you just buy space thru a webhost for 6-7$ a month. then you host other ppls sites on your server and charge them for the space..

If your host's TOS lets you. You're buying a service from them, and generally speaking, resale is not permitted.

crap, i just checked with my host, they allow it if you buy their 25$/month plan. it includes unlimited domains+accounts with 7gigs of disk space.

so if you have connections then it would be a good idea and a nice way to make some extra money, i'm thinking about doing it..

i'm doing some websites for people who still need to buy some space.

• 4 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

i can never undestand the pain ppl have about rapidshare as i always get my accounts for free via the premium points but still whats the problem with paying some cash for having a fast,reliable file hosting? you pay for your AV,firewall,windows.. right? then why not for the file hosting account if you use it alot?

i would recommend getting an space from a webhost too, to share your files with others if you dont wanna share more than the webhost limit of course.

anyway i dont think that anyone would put all that money and efford to a big hosting website/project and dont charge for it...

• 4 months later...
anyway i dont think that anyone would put all that money and efford to a big hosting website/project and dont charge for it...

Exactly.

Anyone in here bitching is a an id***. I'm a webmaster myself, I own a dedicated server is cost like $200/month.

You guys bitching about not beable to upload huge files, it becuase of

1. Harddrive space. Harddrives cost money. If 100 people upload a 1 gig file. Thats 100 GIgs already gone.

2. Bandwidth. Bandwidth is not free it, in most cases if you were allow to poeple to upload and share huge files.

You will run at a loss, there would be no profit. In fact a Advertising banner usually only pays 10 cents per thousand people. NOw if you got 1,000 people come to the downloading page and each one downloads 1 gig file.

Which is 2 TB (Terabyte) (upstream/downstream, once to upload and once to download) and you get payed 10 cents?

Look at the prices here for a dedicated server

http://www.theplanet.com/dedicated-servers...lt.asp?class=ms

2500 GB - 299$/month, thats only 2.5 TB. How would one ever pay the server bill not at a loss?

That is not a sustainable business plan, and that is why you will not find a free file hosting site that will allow you to upload such huge files.

So if you wanted to be able to upload huge files you have to Pay money.

nothing on the internet is free, someone is paying and the webmasters aren't running a charity.

Edited by 12643

• 1 month later...

hi guys :hello:,

i want to know that, is there any free file (Video) hosting website, which can upload 300MB once at a time and having the total space of 10GB of bandwidth 10GB per month! is there any hosting?

i knew some of the file hosting like

Mediafire

Sendspace

Rapidshare

Hyperfile Share

but in these website if the file is not active within 15 days, it gets deleted automatically, i don't need the website like this,

i need the files to be stay longer untill and unless when the change is with me to delete!

thank you in advance :thumbup

• 1 month later...
hi guys :hello:,

i want to know that, is there any free file (Video) hosting website, which can upload 300MB once at a time and having the total space of 10GB of bandwidth 10GB per month! is there any hosting?

i knew some of the file hosting like

Mediafire

Sendspace

Rapidshare

Hyperfile Share

but in these website if the file is not active within 15 days, it gets deleted automatically, i don't need the website like this,

i need the files to be stay longer untill and unless when the change is with me to delete!

thank you in advance :thumbup

Files aren't automatically deleted after a period of inactivity in Mediafire! Only problem with that would be 100MB-per-file limit, but you could use a solid RAR archive! (.r01, .r02, etc.)

Files aren't automatically deleted after a period of inactivity in Mediafire! Only problem with that would be 100MB-per-file limit, but you could use a solid RAR archive! (.r01, .r02, etc.)

thank you there flarn2006 :)

• 6 months later...

host-a.net is doing a good job.

I am using it now for about two months and although the setup is very simple, it is only 40Mb, but it is for life and mirrored.

When you want filesharing for a bunch of small files, I would recommend host-a.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I would recommend Zipitshare.com where they offer you a free 7 day premium to every new user plus you can upload upto 2GB per file and for premium user upto 5GB. Another great thing with ZipitShare you can earn 90% of there premium sales.

I think they care about the visitors more than the money so i would def recommend this site enjoy.

Edited by Baggy098

• 7 months later...