ngen.exe error

Carillo Gallardo

• 2 weeks later...

No ideas guys? This problem is driving me crazy...

More details (don't now if connected to ngen or not):

1- i get this error at the end of t-13 stage, if i click the "OK" button after few seconds setup continues to t-12 stage...

2- all the addons in "svcpack.inf" were correctly installed...

3- only some "inf addons" were installed and not completely (for example some reg entries were not installed)...

4- during windows startup the screen resolution was setted up wrong and very low, not at 1024x768...

5- during windows startup i get an error that says that some services or drivers failed to start but all drivers were correctly installed and just because of that error i remove only few services with nlite, using compatibility mode to not remove core services and everything always has worked... until now...

6- setuperr.log is not blank:

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll because of the following error:
DllInstall returned error 2147746132 (80040154).

I'll do other experiments... :realmad::no:

Thanks Kels, i'll try, but i've always used that addon and it always works... Anyway, i'll try!

EDIT:

Ok, i've solved the ngen problem by installing .net framework in runonce (RyanVM's aio pack) and so removing it as svcpack addon. Now it's ok, but i still get all the other errors... Anyway, now i'm closer to perfection (and to the madness...)! :hello:

Edited by Carillo Gallardo