Logitech QuickCam Messenger

army20

How come some cameras from logitech are compatible with windows vista but some others are not ?

I own a Logitech QuickCam Messenger and when I try to download the driver from logitech website I get this message : "This Camera will not work with Windows Vista. Please see our list of newer Vista compatible cameras."

Are they trying to sell new cameras by making the olds ones not compatibles ?

Try using the drivers you will find listed for the Logitech Quickcam Orbit found on this page: (link). While this driver does not specify that it works with your specifc Quickcam model, I found it installed and worked perfectly with my much older QUickcam Express model which Logitech claims is nonfunctional under Vista.

Edited by nightthief

I use the same webcam and once did search deeply about vista drivers, mailed to logitech about it and the answer was the same as already written on their web site. "Buy a new model"

I answered "I'll sure buy a new one, but it won't and never be a "Logitech" one.

Anyway, you can use Windows XP drivers for 32bit Vista. At least it works for Live messenger and some other IM software. Movie maker and other Vista built-in progs can't use it.

For 64 bit, there's no chance. :realmad: