Jump to content

Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account


Missing Autorun & Setup Files on Final

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic


  • Member
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07

I am having a problem that I am sure is something I am doing wrong. I have used previous versions of nLite to successfully slipstream my OS but did all of the adjustments in one nLite session. This time I am using v 1.3 and use four sessions: Session 1 - integrate SP2 + several hot fixes, Session 2 - integrate many hot fixes, Session 3 - integrate WMP 11 via WMP 11 Slipstream and Session 4 - integrate IE7 + 2 IE7 Hotfixes + component removal and tweaks. It seems like on the last run the Autorun.inf and Setup.exe files dissappear from my source directory.

Previously when I used nLite to integrate SP2 and all of my hotfixes in the same session I had no problem. This time I decided to split the job over multiple sessions being carefully not to remove any components until my final run. I monitored the source file on all runs except the final one and saw the autorun.inf and setup.exe files. I assumed everything was OK and failed to check after the last run, prior to executing a direct burn of the slipstreamed OS.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? And, am I correct in assuming that I can change my approach and use one session to do this work, going back to integrate components until the last pass?

I attached the log of the last session. Since the OS I am integrating is an upgrade, I decided to use an attended installation.



Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Carillo Gallardo

Carillo Gallardo


  • Member
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 27-June 06
Take a look to this part of your Last Session.ini:

;# Operating System Options #
Blaster/Nachi removal tool
Manual Install and Upgrade

You have removed "Manual Install and Upgrade" and this is the cause of your problem. In nLite check the description of this component and you will see that it removes the files that you need. Byezzzzzzzz :hello:


  • Member
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07

Thanks a million! I suspected it was something very foolish on my part. I will try this when I get home from work.


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users