Advertisements have taken over my home page.

I have a google sight as my home page for every time Explorer opens. All of a sudden, now when I go to open my home page, my homepage comes up for a second and then automtically goes to an advertisement for an anti virus program. In my Control Panel my home page is still listed as normal.

Now I have blinking icons on my task bar, when I click them on they go right to these anti virus sites automatically. It is as if someone got into my computer and has switched it, but I cannot switch it back.

I tried going into Contol Panel to remove these, but I do not see any programs with there names on it. One icon takes me to a Spylocked site.

How can I fix this?

In addition to using Spybot after you update it, use Ad-Aware SE or the 2007 Beta 4. It sounds like you have a browser hijacker. You probably got suckered into clicking a flashing bouncing box that told you something was wrong with your PC. In any case, I suggest you also download a trial of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, update it and do a full system scan for malware. If you're using IE, I'd advise you to turn off ActiveX and any scripting options, or use Firefox or Opera.

• 3 weeks later...