Vista unattended Guide

A extra letter can always happen like you said on your website aswell.

You're right unfortunatly. But these are the kind of errors, which can drive you nuts.

I give my best to avoid. But if you read over your "own stuff", you're not able to detect some errors sometimes. :(

It would be handy if you put it as a extra note on the website just in case someone is getting the same error.

I will do so later!

Martin

Hi,

i followed your guidelines and started the install. It still asks for the Serial number as if it couldnt find the Unattended.xml file.

I tried it on cd and on usb stick. I checked the tutorial and my dvd twice and it seems allright

any ideas why ?

Hi,

i followed your guidelines and started the install. It still asks for the Serial number as if it couldnt find the Unattended.xml file.

I tried it on cd and on usb stick. I checked the tutorial and my dvd twice and it seems allright

any ideas why ?

Here is how i have it and this works just fine:

<UserData>
<ProductKey>
<Key>Enter key here with the - in between</Key>
<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>
</ProductKey>
<AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
<FullName>Gebruiker</FullName>
<Organization>Eigen</Organization>
</UserData>

Hi,

any ideas why ?

If you would have followed the guide the name of your answer file should be Autounattend.xml. No other name will work automatically.

If you should have named it Autounattend.xml already, have you tried to put it in sources folder, too?

How is your target system is looking like? VM? Real computer?

Regards,

Martin

Hi,

i have probably named it autounattend.xml just wrote it wrong in the post :P

but ill check.

I havent tried the source folder version yet, will do that tonight. Ill let you know asap if that works.

Im testing with a burned dvd and a real pc :) <-- old fashioned but more fualt resistant :)

@Yager ill try your config file and see if i have something wrong in mine.

Thnx for the quick answers.

Edited by airmr

FireGeier

First I was doing it from XP and the reg key don't exist. I didn't have WAIK on because I'm only using the Servicing folder.

I'll boot into Vista and get the whole keys and maybe point it at my Servicing folder and give it a try.

EDIT: Nope that key don't exist in Vista for me after I installed AIK

Edited by maxXPsoft

Hello maxX!

Please add this key to the registry and try it again.

The type is REG_DWORD.

Regards,

Martin

EDIT:

Have added a description of the whole Regedit procedure to the guide (Injecting drivers...)

Edited by FireGeier

After you mentioned the reg key I remembered I had crossed that road before so went lookin in the waik.chm and found it. Its logging now even for my Hotfixes so I can look at what MS does there also.

Hi,

first off al i want to say it a great guide, it really worked for me

but theres a but

when i need to select the hd to install vista on its says that it cant

it say that it cant install windows on the selcted location, with an error code Error 0x80300001.

anybody can help, do i need to change my autounattended or something? the hd is good that is not the problem

many thanx

Edited by shampoo

0x80300001 REMOTE_ACCESS 0x0001 IMA_RESULT_SERVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED

Citrix® MetaFrame XPâ„¢ for Windows with Feature Release 2

Thats the only thing comes up on Google. Have no clue what that Metaframe stuff is but theres a pdf

http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServle...%20External.pdf

Edited by maxXPsoft

Do you use an empty HD?

What are you doing during Disc Configuration exactly?

How many HDs you've inside your system? Could you please post your actual Autounattend.xml, too? Without Product Key certainly.

Regards,

Martin

Edited by FireGeier

Hello!

I've updated the offline_update.cmd of VU Batch Modules. It was failing on English based OS and may be on other languages, too.

I've changed it, that it will now working for English OS by default but you may need to adjust it for other languages.

Check out here inside offline_update.cmd to find out more about.

Regards,

Martin