Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Vista unattended Guide

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
@ jacky and maxXP:

I will add a note for that, too.

Thanks,
Martin

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Incroyable HULK

Incroyable HULK

Slowly Turning Green...

• Super Moderator
  • 1,257 posts
  • Joined 05-March 04
Until there is an "official" guide here at MSFN, this one is a sticky.

amit_talkin

amit_talkin

Experienced

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

@amit_talkin:
It took about half a year - daily free time work - to write the German and English guide. Estimated 700 hours including writing, layout and testing.

Thanks 'n' regards,
Martin

my god, good to see tht u spent time to help out ppl. ur work is really appreciated bro. :thumbup ur guide is perfect and simple , u have written it as a professional writer :yes: .
Primary - Q9450@3.6GHz | 8GB G.Skill 1000MHz | Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 F3b mobo. | 1.5TB Storage | Sappgire HD4890 | HomeMade H2O Kit | Antec NeoPower Blue 650w
Secondary - E8400 3.00@ 4.05GHz | 4 GB Crucial Ballistix | ASUS P5B Deluxe mobo. | 250GB Storage | Sapphire Toxic HD4850 512MB | OCZ Vendetta2 CPU Cooler | Coolermaster 500w

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 18-January 04
Any updates on fully integrating the drivers including the control panels?

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
@Sgt_Strider:

1. I will finish the Windows PE guide (should be finished next weekend or a few days later)

After that I will have a look at the .exe driver thing again (estimated: in about 2 weeks).

Regards,
Martin

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
GUIDE UPDATE:

There was the wrong path to etfsboot.com file inside "Create ISO" guide AND inside create_iso.cmd:

Corrected path to etfsboot.com. So changed the following two lines inside create_iso.cmd, from:

IF "%VVersion%"=="x86" SET bootL=%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\etfsboot.com
IF "%VVersion%"=="amd64" SET bootL=%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\etfsboot.com

to:

IF "%VVersion%"=="x86" SET bootL=%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com
IF "%VVersion%"=="amd64" SET bootL=%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com

Corrected the path inside "Create ISO" guide, too, from:

oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\etfsboot.com" D:\VistaWork\DVD D:\VistaWork\ISO\Vistax86.iso
to:
oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\VistaWork\DVD D:\VistaWork\ISO\Vistax86.iso
and form:
oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\etfsboot.com" D:\VistaWork\DVD D:\VistaWork\ISO\Vista64.iso
to:
oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\VistaWork\DVD D:\VistaWork\ISO\Vista64.iso

Thanks, Jesper for pointing out that mistake!!! :thumbup

Regards,
Martin

amit_talkin

amit_talkin

Experienced

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05
oops...sorry firegeier...i knew abt this bug, but forgot to report u :(
Primary - Q9450@3.6GHz | 8GB G.Skill 1000MHz | Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 F3b mobo. | 1.5TB Storage | Sappgire HD4890 | HomeMade H2O Kit | Antec NeoPower Blue 650w
Secondary - E8400 3.00@ 4.05GHz | 4 GB Crucial Ballistix | ASUS P5B Deluxe mobo. | 250GB Storage | Sapphire Toxic HD4850 512MB | OCZ Vendetta2 CPU Cooler | Coolermaster 500w

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 18-January 04

@Sgt_Strider:

1. I will finish the Windows PE guide (should be finished next weekend or a few days later)

After that I will have a look at the .exe driver thing again (estimated: in about 2 weeks).

Regards,
Martin

Ok thanks. I wonder if anyone here has solved that driver problem.

amit_talkin

amit_talkin

Experienced

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05
plz include how to add explorer.exe in winpe guide if u know abt it :).

Regards
AMIT

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04

If FireGeier give me the go-ahead, i'll share my "FireGeier_UAVista_Guide.pdf" here.

Regards
coucou

Hello coucou!

I appreciate your help in building a pdf. But please do not publish it for the moment, cause I still remove some mistakes from the guide and change the layout a little bit. This weekend I brought out the English partitioning guide, which is more actual and a little bit better again than the German version.

Give me one more week please. Than you may could redo the pdf with actual version. Is that ok?

I want to avoid, that different versions of the guide are in the wild. That could cause confusions and a lot of requests.

Hope you will understand!

Thanks again for your effort!

Regards,
Martin

No problem FireGeier.
Just let me know when you're ready.

Again good job :thumbup
coucou

Hi FireGeier ,

Please let me know if the guide is update finished to build a pdf.

Regards
coucou

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

If FireGeier give me the go-ahead, i'll share my "FireGeier_UAVista_Guide.pdf" here.

Regards
coucou

Hello coucou!

I appreciate your help in building a pdf. But please do not publish it for the moment, cause I still remove some mistakes from the guide and change the layout a little bit. This weekend I brought out the English partitioning guide, which is more actual and a little bit better again than the German version.

Give me one more week please. Than you may could redo the pdf with actual version. Is that ok?

I want to avoid, that different versions of the guide are in the wild. That could cause confusions and a lot of requests.

Hope you will understand!

Thanks again for your effort!

Regards,
Martin

No problem FireGeier.
Just let me know when you're ready.

Again good job :thumbup
coucou

Hi FireGeier ,

Please let me know if the guide is update finished to build a pdf.

Regards
coucou

Would be a very handy reference.

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello, coucou!

Sorry, have been very busy the last two weeks and forgot to let you know that you could build a pdf now. :whistle:

The guide is not finished yet and new guide sections will be published the follwoing weeks, but I think there will not be to much changes now on the stuff published so far.

Thanks & regards,
Martin

NOTE:
This permit is grant to the member coucou only for the moment!

Edited by FireGeier, 10 May 2007 - 01:12 AM.

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
Hi,

I put it through Winword Spelling and Grammar and buid the pdf guide.

106 pages / 1536K
http://rapidshare.com/files/30565360/FireGeier_Unattended_Vista_Guide.rar
pass: coucou

Any suggestion... Let me know

pdf Guide UPDATE

Enjoy
coucou

Edited by coucou, 15 May 2007 - 09:57 AM.

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello coucou!

I put it through Winword Spelling and Grammar

That was a good idea! :thumbup

Great work so far but I would print the whole batch files or remove them completly. For the moment it makes no sense and wasting a lot of space if you just have half of the cmd.

Thanks!

Martin

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

Hello coucou!

Great work so far but I would print the whole batch files or remove them completly. For the moment it makes no sense and wasting a lot of space if you just have half of the cmd.

Thanks!

Martin

Agree

hinz

hinz
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-January 06
Hey, great guide.

I have a question though.

On the following page it explains how to install applications from removable media http://firegeier.una...plications.html,

but how can I do it so they install from the DVD instead?

cheers
hinz

urie

urie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Hey, great guide.

I have a question though.

On the following page it explains how to install applications from removable media http://firegeier.una...plications.html,

but how can I do it so they install from the DVD instead?

cheers
hinz

NOTE:

You don't need to store the Install folder to a seperat removable media. You can put it - including the AppsRoot.txt - to the Vista DVD, too. But it's more convenient to have all these seperat files on a USB flash drive in my opinon.

this was on the guide page link you posted youve just not noticed it :rolleyes:

hinz

hinz
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-January 06
lol, didn't see that, thanks urie, was tired :-)

hinz

smsc

smsc

• 27 posts
  • Joined 31-August 04
Hello martin, great guide, congratulation!!! :thumbup

I've just a question:
In SlipStreaming update chapter you wrote:

We browse to D:\VistaWork\Updates\Temp and choose all present cab files expect the WSUSSCAN.cab and open them:

expect?? You mean except ?????
Does WSUSSCAN.cab must be included with Import packages command???? It's not clear... :wacko:

AND:

This is integrate_update.log.txt:

2007-05-15 14:40:49, Info CBS Pkgmgr: called with: ""C:\Programmi\Windows AIK\Tools\Servicing\pkgmgr.exe" /o:C:\VistaWork\Mount;C:\VistaWork\Mount\Windows /n:C:\VistaWork\Updates\Temp\integrate.xml /s:C:\VistaWork\Sandbox /l:C:\VistaWork\Logs\integrate_updates.log"
2007-05-15 14:40:49, Info CSI 00000001@2007/5/15:12:40:49.952 WcpInitialize (wcp.dll version 0.0.0.5) called (stack @0x38d1f745 @0x1012dbf @0x100d892 @0x100e27e @0x7c816fd7 NULL)
2007-05-15 14:40:49, Info CSI 00000002@2007/5/15:12:40:49.952 WcpInitialize (wcp.dll version 0.0.0.5) called (stack @0x38d1f745 @0x2c7bd1e6 @0x2c79e83c @0x1014174 @0x10075f6 @0x100dabd)
2007-05-15 14:40:49, Info CSI 00000003@2007/5/15:12:40:49.968 WcpInitialize (wcp.dll version 0.0.0.5) called (stack @0x38d1f745 @0x2c7eacc4 @0x2c7d2c5c @0x1014174 @0x10075f6 @0x100dabd)
2007-05-15 14:40:49, Info CBS Must be doing offline servicing, using stack version from: C:\Programmi\Windows AIK\Tools\Servicing\cbscore.dll
2007-05-15 14:40:49, Info CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v6.0.6000.16386 with Core: C:\Programmi\Windows AIK\Tools\Servicing\cbscore.dll
2007-05-15 14:40:49, Error CBS Failed to load offline store from boot directory: '\\?\C:\VistaWork\Mount\' and windows directory: '\\?\C:\VistaWork\Mount\Windows\' hr =0x800703f9
2007-05-15 14:40:49, Info CBS Pkgmgr: return code: 0x3f9

What does it mean????

Thanks! :hello:

Edited by smsc, 15 May 2007 - 06:42 AM.

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04

Hello coucou!

Thanks!

Martin

Here the .pdf build corrected with the print of the whole batch files
1645 K / 121 pages
http://rapidshare.com/files/31459800/FireGeier_Unattended_Vista_Guide_2.rar
pass: coucou

Enjoy
coucou

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello smsc!

You're right. That was a misspelling. Except is right - so WSUSSCAN.cab is NOT needed!

Thanks for pointing that out. Have corrected it now!

Do you get the error with or wihtout using WSUSSCAN.cab?

Regards,
Martin

Edited by FireGeier, 15 May 2007 - 11:08 AM.

smsc

smsc

• 27 posts
  • Joined 31-August 04

Hello smsc!

You're right. That was a misspelling. Except is right - so WSUSSCAN.cab is NOT needed!

Thanks for pointing that out. Have corrected it now!

Do you get the error with or wihtout using WSUSSCAN.cab?

Regards,
Martin

Thanks for your reply Martin,
error disappear after PC reboot! I don't know why, but now it's ok! :thumbup

My next step will be integrate Extras. Can I use same procedure used for hotfix?????

smsc

smsc

• 27 posts
  • Joined 31-August 04
@Martin and @all:

Just F.Y.I.

WSIM must be close first to use pkgmgr.exe command.
That's Why I've got an error during integration proces (four posts above) ;)

Edited by smsc, 16 May 2007 - 04:03 AM.

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello smsc!

Thanks, for the feedback. I'll try to reproduce that on my system and will add a note, if same problem will come up here.

Thanks again!

Martin

idbirch2

idbirch2

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 10-August 04
Hi Martin, this is a really great guide, I would have been completely lost without it. Maybe I need to get used to it but it seems to me that the WAIK is way more complicated than it should be, the principle of mounting an image and adding modules is not that complex but Microsoft have somehow managed to make it feel incredibly complicated.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm stuck! I'm trying to integrate Windows Updates into my install and I'm up to "Step 5: Importing update packages to WSIM". Where is the distribution folder that I'm meant to select? What is BDD? The guide says I can make any new folder but if I do this, I get "The selected folder is not a valid distribution share". Any tips?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users