Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Vista unattended Guide

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05

Hi,

i followed the guide and started the install and it works fine after i click next on the below window:

Hello komo!

Well, if you would have followed the guide correctly, you would not get this window! :thumbup Sorry, I'm kidding!

But I can't read tea leaves... so would you may post your Autounattend.xml. :hello:

Regards,
Martin

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Guide Update:

I've changed the row inside manual updates section from:

# Alternative I - Manual Integration

* Step 1: Copying updates into one folder

* Step 2: Mounting install.wim

* Step 3: Creating temporary folder

* Step 4: Extracting update files

* Step 5: Importing update packages to WSIM

* Step 6: Adding update and hotfix packages to answer file

* Step 7: Saving answer file as Integrate.xml

* Step 8: Integrating updates using package manager pkgmgr.exe

* Step 9: Save changes to install.wim

* Step 10: Clearing Sandbox directory

* If something went wrong
to

Alternative I - Manual Integration

* Step 1: Copying updates into one folder

* Step 2: Creating temporary folder

* Step 3: Extracting update files

* Step 4: Importing update packages to WSIM

* Step 5: Adding update and hotfix packages to answer file

* Step 6: Saving answer file as Integrate.xml

* Step 7: Mounting install.wim

* Step 8: Integrating updates using package manager pkgmgr.exe

* Step 9: Save changes to install.wim

* Step 10: Clearing Sandbox directory

* If something went wrong

Before you could recieve an error message while trying to open install.wim inside WSIM, telling that install.wim is in use already.

Regards,
Martin

komo06

komo06
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-January 06
i found my problem

Edited by komo06, 30 June 2007 - 04:00 PM.

No_Style

No_Style

• 20 posts
  • Joined 18-December 03
Is it normal to not have entries in your Add/Remove Programs after running the installation files from audituser mode? For some reason, my Daemon Tools and Opera entries are not present. The Start Menu shortcuts do not appear either. The only item which appears is the Sun Java. I tested the applications (Opera and Daemon Tools) and they work fine, it's just that their entries are missing from the Add/Remove programs and start menu. Is there something wrong with my installation files?

Any insight would be a appreciated. Thanks!

Atheros

Atheros

Junior

• Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 01-June 04

Is it normal to not have entries in your Add/Remove Programs after running the installation files from audituser mode? For some reason, my Daemon Tools and Opera entries are not present. The Start Menu shortcuts do not appear either. The only item which appears is the Sun Java. I tested the applications (Opera and Daemon Tools) and they work fine, it's just that their entries are missing from the Add/Remove programs and start menu. Is there something wrong with my installation files?

I believe thats it is caused by you being as the administrator in audit mode. maybe this is restricting you from removing the programs that the administrator has installed?? just a thought.... also i didn't think you could get rid of the language selection at the begining of a vista install... when its white i know it has detected the autounattend.xml.

when installing are you selecting that applies to all users or this account only?

Edited by Atheros, 10 July 2007 - 08:48 AM.

----------------------
c0ws go m00

No_Style

No_Style

• 20 posts
  • Joined 18-December 03

I believe thats it is caused by you being as the administrator in audit mode. maybe this is restricting you from removing the programs that the administrator has installed?? just a thought.... also i didn't think you could get rid of the language selection at the begining of a vista install... when its white i know it has detected the autounattend.xml.

when installing are you selecting that applies to all users or this account only?

I believe you are correct, sir. I re-did my Opera installation specifying the ALLUSERs switch and it appeared in the Add/Remove. Odd since I never had to do that with my XP install. Go figure. Thanks, sir. :D

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05

...I believe thats it is caused by you being as the administrator in audit mode. ...

That is right.

I re-did my Opera installation specifying the ALLUSERs switch and it appeared in the Add/Remove.

Another option should be to copy the Administrators user profile to the Default user profile when leaving audit mode like described here. This has the advantage that all user specific settings are moved to Default user profile and all user in future will inherit them, even if they were installed with an "AllUsers" switch or not.

Regards,
Martin

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 21-January 04
I'm getting the following error when running mount_install_wim.cmd:

VVersion= NOT DECLARED! 
ImgX= NOT DECLARED! 

2 environment variables are not setted. So the  
   procedure can't be continued. 

Check Control Panel \ System \ Avanced \ 
   to find out, if all environment variables were setted correctly. 

You will find more informations about that inside Vista guide 
   in "Preparation\ Prepare directories".

I adjusted the value of ImgX variable BEFORE executing the PrepLab.cmd, as stated in the x64 notes for PrepLab.cmd. Imgx shows up under "system variables", but VVersion is missing.

Any ideas how to fix this?

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello Spaceboy!

Please change the following line inside PrepLab.cmd from,

IF EXIST "%WorkDrive%\VistaWork\DVD\boot\cdboot.efi" SETX VVersion amd64 -m

to

IF EXIST "%WorkDrive%\VistaWork\DVD\bootmgr.efi" SETX VVersion amd64 -m

This should set the VVersion to amd64 than.

For the moment I can't find an error that would cause the ImgX problem. Would you please post your adapted PrepLab.cmd.

Thanks & Regards,
Martin

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 21-January 04

Please change the following line inside PrepLab.cmd from,

to

This should set the VVersion to amd64 than.

For the moment I can't find an error that would cause the ImgX problem. Would you please post your adapted PrepLab.cmd.

Thanks. VVersion is now set correctly. Just found what was causing the ImgX problem. In your prepare.cmd you've written the following:

::so the whole line looks like this:
::
::SETX Imgx "%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64" -m

"SETX Imgx" however should read "SETX ImgX". The X in ImgX being a capital Letter. Anyway problem solved now, thanks for the help

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05

"SETX Imgx" however should read "SETX ImgX". The X in ImgX being a capital Letter. Anyway problem solved now, thanks for the help

Hello Spaceboy!

You're right. Thank you for your feedback! :thumbup I will correct both things now, and upload the corrected version!

The VVersion problem was comming up cause MS changed the location and name of the 64bit boot file in the final release.

I just wanna mention again, that I've no 64bit environment here, so there is no guarantee that the batchs will run exactly the same way like under x86. So I'm depended from users feedback to improve the 64bit version.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Martin

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
GUIDE UPDATE:

PrepLab.cmd of VU Batch Modules has been changed and corrected some errors for 64bit environment:

Following two lines have been changed:

Example line:

SETX Imgx "%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64" -m
To:
SETX ImgX "%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64" -m
Set VVersion line:

To:

Much thanks goes to Spaceboy, who has reported the error and posted part of the fix!

Regards,
Martin

p.s.: The full and corrected version of VU Batch Modules can be downloaded from here.

Edited by FireGeier, 13 July 2007 - 04:10 AM.

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 21-January 04
Ok, i've created an iso and tried installing in VMware. The problem is the Disk configuration screen never appears. Installation starts and then reboots in an infinite loop. Here's my AUTOUNATTEND.XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
	<settings pass="windowsPE">
		<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<SetupUILanguage>
				<UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage>
			</SetupUILanguage>
			<InputLocale>0809:00000809</InputLocale>
			<SystemLocale>en-GB</SystemLocale>
			<UserLocale>en-GB</UserLocale>
		</component>
		<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<UserData>
				<ProductKey>
					<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>
					<Key>XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX</Key>
				</ProductKey>
				<AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
			</UserData>
			<Display>
				<ColorDepth>32</ColorDepth>
				<HorizontalResolution>1280</HorizontalResolution>
				<VerticalResolution>1024</VerticalResolution>
			</Display>
			<ImageInstall>
				<OSImage>
					<InstallFrom>
						<MetaData wcm:action="add">
							<Value>2</Value>
							<Key>/IMAGE/INDEX</Key>
						</MetaData>
					</InstallFrom>
					<InstallToAvailablePartition>false</InstallToAvailablePartition>
				</OSImage>
			</ImageInstall>
			<EnableFirewall>false</EnableFirewall>
		</component>
	</settings>
	<settings pass="specialize">
		<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC-UX" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<SkipAutoActivation>true</SkipAutoActivation>
		</component>
	</settings>
	<settings pass="oobeSystem">
		<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<AutoLogon>
				<Password>
					<Value>bQBpAG4AbgBpAGUAUABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAA==</Value>
					<PlainText>false</PlainText>
				</Password>
				<Enabled>true</Enabled>
				<Username>Administrator</Username>
				<LogonCount>2</LogonCount>
			</AutoLogon>
			<Display>
				<VerticalResolution>1024</VerticalResolution>
				<HorizontalResolution>1280</HorizontalResolution>
				<DPI>96</DPI>
			</Display>
			<OOBE>
				<HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
				<NetworkLocation>Home</NetworkLocation>
				<ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC>
				<SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE>
				<SkipUserOOBE>true</SkipUserOOBE>
			</OOBE>
			<TimeZone>GMT Standard Time</TimeZone>
		</component>
		<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
			<InputLocale>0809:00000809</InputLocale>
			<SystemLocale>en-GB</SystemLocale>
			<UserLocale>en-GB</UserLocale>
		</component>
	</settings>
	<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim:c:/vistawork/dvd/sources/install.wim#Windows Longhorn SERVERENTERPRISE" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>

Any ideas?

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Try removing the following from your xml

If you want to choose etc.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

The problem is the Disk configuration screen never appears.

Remove <InstallToAvailablePartition>
Change <WillShowUI> to Always
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 21-January 04

The problem is the Disk configuration screen never appears.

Remove <InstallToAvailablePartition>
Change <WillShowUI> to Always

Thanks. No change though. Disk configuration screen still doesn't appear. Strangely when I try running it on my physical system rather than vmware the Disk configuration screen does appear. Disk configuration screen shows up in VMware on non unattended iso though, just not if AUTOUNATTEND.XML is present.

John L. Galt

John L. Galt

antidisestablishmentarianist

• 40 posts
  • Joined 12-July 07
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask a couple of questions about this install method.

My problem is that I purchased a Vista Ultimate *Upgrade* - and the requirements for upgrading are simple - you need to have an OS previously installed to upgrade.

Only problem is that I do not want to have to build an XP install that will set up things like my directory structure and whatnot *before* I upgrade to Vista. I already tried to upgrade my nLite XP SP2 (with modified directory structures) and Vista would not let me do it, preferring a clean install only. I finally gave up, reinstalled a basic XP, installed SP2, and upgraded to Vista.<br /><br />Using this guide, can I:

1) Leave out my product key so that Vista will install in trial mode (even if it asks me for a key, making the install an 'attended' install, I don't care - read the rest for reason) so that I can go abck and do it again as an upgrade and use my upgrade key?

2) Since my main purpose is to build a Vista install that will allow me to place different directories (paths) on different partitions, is this guide even applicable for me? I do not want the headache of moving directories from *inside* Vista as that is just too complicated, and a waste of time, because I am in effect bootstrapping the system after the system is installed....

3) If there is an easier easier way to accomplish this will someone point me to it (again, not to accomplish this post-boot, but during the install process)? I don't care to incorporate apps and such (other than possibly certain drivers, like my ATI Radeo driver and my RealTek Audio and NIC drivers) because those change so often that it is useless for me to incorporate it now, only to have to rebuild a DVD in a months time....

Edited by John L. Galt, 22 July 2007 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

nokia999i

nokia999i

The.Freak

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 29-September 06
I created an Unattended setup but I wanna remove the x64bit versions from my WIM file how to do that I just wanna leave all x86 editions (eg : Homebasic,homepremium,starter,ultimate,Buisness,BuisnessCN,etc..) in the image .. coz my image ended up bigger than 4GB ...

Posted Image

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello nokia!

You can use imagex /delete to remove the vista64 images from your wim file.

Syntax:

imagex /delete PathToYourWimFile ImageNumber

PathToYouWimFile: This entry points to the wim file you want to delte images from.

ImageNumber: This is the index number of the image you want to delet inside your wim file.
To find out which Image number belongs to which image use imagex /info (e.g.: imagex /info d:\VistaSource\install.wim).

Example:

imagex /delete d:\VistaSource\install.wim 4

This will delete the image with index number 4 of install.wim inside d:\VistaSources directory.

Note:
WAIK help says the imagex /delete command should run from a WindowsPE 2.0 system, but I would expect, that it's running from under XP or Vista OS ,too. But keep in mind if you should have problems to execute the command.

Regards,
Martin

Ozzie

Ozzie
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-November 04
G'day All

I try this solution only too have it reboot after the WnPE Blue screen no popup box nothing. What can be the issue .

Happens in either DVD or USB mode.

http://firegeier.una...ick_or_dvd.html

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello Ozzie!

What are you trying exactly? :unsure:

Martin

Ozzie

Ozzie
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-November 04
G'day Marin

I follow ya instruction on how too install (Raid) drivers from a removable USB stick to a tea , very simple if ya ask me , but when the system reboots and boots off the USB and load WinPE then the blue screen comes up for about a minute or more . Then it simple reboots and goes through the whole processes again , into a loop.
If I intergrate the raid drivers into the boot.wim and install.wim there is no problem .

Cheers Andrew

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<servicing>
<package action="configure">
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package" version="6.0.6000.16386" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="" />
</package>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft-Windows-Printing-XPSServices-Package" version="6.0.6000.16386" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="" />
</package>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft-Windows-UltimateEdition" version="6.0.6000.16386" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="" />
</package>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package" version="6.0.6000.16386" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="en-US" />
</package>
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package" version="6.0.6000.16386" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="en-US" />
</package>
</servicing>
<settings pass="windowsPE">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<SetupUILanguage>
<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
</SetupUILanguage>
<InputLocale>00040408</InputLocale>
<UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
<SystemLocale>en-AU</SystemLocale>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<UserData>
<ProductKey>
<Key>XXXX</Key>
</ProductKey>
<Organization>Vista</Organization>
<FullName>Redback</FullName>
<AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
</UserData>
<Display>
<HorizontalResolution>1024</HorizontalResolution>
<VerticalResolution>768</VerticalResolution>
</Display>
<Diagnostics>
<OptIn>false</OptIn>
</Diagnostics>
<DiskConfiguration>
<Disk wcm:action="add">
<CreatePartitions>
<CreatePartition wcm:action="add">
<Order>1</Order>
<Size>30000</Size>
<Type>Primary</Type>
</CreatePartition>
<Extend>false</Extend>
<Order>2</Order>
<Type>Primary</Type>
<Size>40000</Size>
</CreatePartition>
<Extend>true</Extend>
<Order>3</Order>
<Type>Primary</Type>
</CreatePartition>
</CreatePartitions>
<ModifyPartitions>
<ModifyPartition wcm:action="add">
<Active>true</Active>
<Extend>false</Extend>
<Format>NTFS</Format>
<Label>Vista_OS</Label>
<Letter>C</Letter>
<Order>1</Order>
<PartitionID>1</PartitionID>
</ModifyPartition>
<Active>false</Active>
<Extend>false</Extend>
<Format>NTFS</Format>
<Label>Local Disk</Label>
<Letter>D</Letter>
<Order>2</Order>
<PartitionID>2</PartitionID>
</ModifyPartition>
<PartitionID>3</PartitionID>
<Order>3</Order>
<Label>Local Disk</Label>
<Format>NTFS</Format>
<Active>false</Active>
<Extend>false</Extend>
<Letter>E</Letter>
</ModifyPartition>
</ModifyPartitions>
<DiskID>0</DiskID>
<WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk>
</Disk>
</DiskConfiguration>
<ImageInstall>
<OSImage>
<InstallFrom>
<MetaData wcm:action="add">
<Key>/IMAGE/NAME</Key>
<Value>Windows Vista ULTIMATE</Value>
</MetaData>
</InstallFrom>
<InstallTo>
<DiskID>0</DiskID>
<PartitionID>1</PartitionID>
</InstallTo>
</OSImage>
</ImageInstall>
<EnableFirewall>false</EnableFirewall>
<DynamicUpdate>
<Enable>false</Enable>
</DynamicUpdate>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsWinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<DriverPaths>
<PathAndCredentials wcm:keyValue="7d3f83e3" wcm:action="add">
<Path>%DriversRoot%Drivers</Path>
</PathAndCredentials>
</DriverPaths>
</component>
</settings>
<settings pass="oobeSystem">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<AutoLogon>
<Password>
<Value>YQBkAG0AaQBuAGkAcwB0AHIAYQB0AG8AcgBQAGEAcwBzAHcAbwByAGQA</Value>
</Password>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<LogonCount>1</LogonCount>
<Username>Administrator</Username>
</AutoLogon>
<OOBE>
<HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
<SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE>
<SkipUserOOBE>true</SkipUserOOBE>
<NetworkLocation>Home</NetworkLocation>
<ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC>
</OOBE>
<TimeZone>(GMT+10:00) Brisbane</TimeZone>
<UserAccounts>
<AdministratorPassword>
<Value>YQBkAG0AaQBuAGkAcwB0AHIAYQB0AG8AcgBBAGQAbQBpAG4AaQBzAHQAcgBhAHQAbwByAFAAYQBzAHMAdwBvAHIAZAA=</Value>
</AdministratorPassword>
</UserAccounts>
<Display>
<DPI>96</DPI>
<HorizontalResolution>1024</HorizontalResolution>
<VerticalResolution>768</VerticalResolution>
</Display>
<VisualEffects>
<FontSmoothing>ClearType</FontSmoothing>
</VisualEffects>
<WindowsFeatures>
<ShowInternetExplorer>true</ShowInternetExplorer>
<ShowMediaCenter>false</ShowMediaCenter>
<ShowWindowsMail>true</ShowWindowsMail>
<ShowWindowsMediaPlayer>true</ShowWindowsMediaPlayer>
</WindowsFeatures>
<BluetoothTaskbarIconEnabled>true</BluetoothTaskbarIconEnabled>
<DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet>false</DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet>
<DoNotCleanTaskBar>true</DoNotCleanTaskBar>
<StartPanelOff>false</StartPanelOff>
<ShowWindowsLive>true</ShowWindowsLive>
<FirstLogonCommands>
<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Order>1</Order>
<CommandLine>net user administrator /active:yes</CommandLine>
<Description>Administrator Active</Description>
</SynchronousCommand>
</FirstLogonCommands>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Sidebar" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<Gadget3 />
<SidebarVisible>true</SidebarVisible>
<SidebarOnByDefault>true</SidebarOnByDefault>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-ClientNetworkProtocolImplementation" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<HKLMConnectRetries>2</HKLMConnectRetries>
<HKLMConnectTimeOut>20000</HKLMConnectTimeOut>
<HKLMContentPerUserItem>false</HKLMContentPerUserItem>
<HKLMCookiesPerUserItem>false</HKLMCookiesPerUserItem>
<HKLMHistoryPerUserItem>false</HKLMHistoryPerUserItem>
<HKLMReceiveTimeOut>15000</HKLMReceiveTimeOut>
<HKLMSendTimeOut>20000</HKLMSendTimeOut>
<HKLMProxyEnable>false</HKLMProxyEnable>
</component>
</settings>
<settings pass="specialize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<ComputerName>*</ComputerName>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC-UX" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<SkipAutoActivation>true</SkipAutoActivation>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-InternetExplorer" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<IEWelcomeMsg>false</IEWelcomeMsg>
<BlockPopups>yes</BlockPopups>
<CompanyName>Vista</CompanyName>
<Home_Page>about:blank</Home_Page>
<Help_Page>http://www.google.co....au</Help_Page>
<PlaySound>true</PlaySound>
<ShowInformationBar>true</ShowInformationBar>
<Window_Title_CN>Vista</Window_Title_CN>
<LocalIntranetSites />
<TrustedSites />
<UserAgent />
<FavoritesOnTop>true</FavoritesOnTop>
<FilterLevel>High</FilterLevel>
<NoDial>true</NoDial>
<FavoritesDelete>false</FavoritesDelete>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<Identification>
<JoinWorkgroup>Workgroup</JoinWorkgroup>
<UnsecureJoin />
<DebugJoinOnlyOnThisError />
<DebugJoin />
</Identification>
</component>
<component name="Networking-MPSSVC-Svc" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<FirewallGroups>
<FirewallGroup wcm:action="add" wcm:keyValue="1">
<Active>true</Active>
<Group>Workgroup</Group>
<Profile>all</Profile>
</FirewallGroup>
</FirewallGroups>
<DomainProfile_DisableNotifications>false</DomainProfile_DisableNotifications>
<DomainProfile_EnableFirewall>false</DomainProfile_EnableFirewall>
<DomainProfile_LogFile>%systemroot%\system32\LogFiles\Firewall\pfirewall.log</DomainProfile_LogFile>
<PrivateProfile_LogFile>%systemroot%\system32\LogFiles\Firewall\pfirewall.log</PrivateProfile_LogFile>
<PublicProfile_LogFile>%systemroot%\system32\LogFiles\Firewall\pfirewall.log</PublicProfile_LogFile>
</component>
<component name="Security-Malware-Windows-Defender" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="NonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<DisableAntiSpyware>true</DisableAntiSpyware>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-RemoteAssistance-Exe" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<fAllowFullControl>false</fAllowFullControl>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-ehome-reg-inf" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<DisableComplexStretchesOnConsole>false</DisableComplexStretchesOnConsole>
</component>
</settings>
<settings pass="generalize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<SkipRearm>1</SkipRearm>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-BrowserService" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.micro...fig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20...hema-instance">
<MaintainServerList>No</MaintainServerList>
</component>
</settings>
<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim:d:/vistawork/dvd/sources/install.wim#Windows Vista (vLite) ULTIMATE" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>
</unattend>

Edited by Ozzie, 17 August 2007 - 12:18 AM.

Dobby

Dobby

• PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Joined 17-May 04
Really nice guide. Thanks FireGeier.

There are a few grammar issues which I can fix if you want me to.

Other than that the only glaring issue was on adding drivers from media step 5 contains a <br> that probably shouldn't be there e.g.

imagex /unmount /commit D:\VistaWork\Mount<br>

FireGeier

FireGeier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Joined 24-October 05
Hello Dobby!

Thanks, for your feedback!

There are a few grammar issues which I can fix if you want me to.

Yes, you're right. I've to apologise for the bad English. So any help with the grammar would be highly appreciated. :thumbup

imagex /unmount /commit D:\VistaWork\Mount<br>

Thanks, for pointing that out!

Martin

Justas

Justas

Junior

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 12-September 07
Great guide! Much better then ones that M$ has to offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN